Sat 17
Hucknall Town
1st Team
Match report

Match report

By Peter Davis
Share via


Prims travelled to Hucknall Town with 12 squad players unavailable and another debutant goalkeeper in Jamie Hannis who joined from Dunkirk in the week. They also welcomed back Lee Fell in to the starting line up.
Prims started the half with the majority of the possession but could not break down the Hucknall defence, then on 19 minutes Hucknall took the lead after some excellent passing down the right had the Prims defence no where and when the cross came over Ashurst was free at the back post to side foot home. It could have been two , three minutes later but Brian’s header was disallowed for climbing over Oliver Ball. However it was two after 26 minutes when Brian slotted home from an Ashurst cross.
Three minutes later the game was virtually over when Ashurst got his second after a poor back pass from Ball was cut out by Brian who with Hannis well out of position crossed the ball for Ashurst to run the ball in to an empty net.
Prims were restricted to long range efforts, but the best effort fell,to Brad Scard but when the ball fell to him inside the box he didn’t connect cleanly with the ball and it was an easy save for the Hucknall keeper.
Hannis made some excellent saves toward the half time whistle which keep the scoreline down, but Hucknall most certainly deserved their three goal lead at the interval.

The second half started in the same way as it ended and within three minutes it was four when again some poor defending from Prims allowed Bannister to find the net.
In the fiftieth minute Prims were awarded a penalty. Michael Fitzhugh stepped up to take it but it was saved by the Hucknall keeper, but the referee awarded a retake as the keeper had moved off his line. The second penalty saw Fitzhugh go the other way and it was saved again., which summed up the Prims performance.
Fitzhugh then had a free kick well saved ten minutes later.
In the eightieth minute Hucknall were awarded a penalty and Ashurst scored completing his hat trick. Prims were reduced to ten men following the award of penalty as Kial Thurman was sent to the sin bin.
With five minutes to go Hucknall were awarded their second penalty however this time Nelson did find the net but this one was on the top of the stand.

In the dying seconds Prims found the back of the net when Lewis Tooley beat the keeper to the ball from a Fitzhugh cross and his header found the net.

Full Time. Hucknall Town 5 Prims 1

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Sat 17, Aug 2019






Premier Division Clubs

League position

Hucknall Town
Graham St Prims