Grange Hockey Club Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy
Grange Hockey Club will:
- Within the context of the broader policies of the Grange Club, promote the health and welfare of children and vulnerable adults by providing opportunities for them to take part in Hockey safely.
- Within the context of the broader policies of the Grange Club, respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and vulnerable adults and protect them from abuse.
- Train, support and supervise its members to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and to minimise risk to themselves.
- Require members to adopt and abide by this Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and these Procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children or vulnerable adults in line with this Policy and these Procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Review and evaluate this Policy and these Procedures on a regular basis.
The welfare of children and vulnerable adults is everyone’s responsibility, particularly when it comes to protecting them from abuse. Children and vulnerable young adults have a lot to gain from sport.
This Policy and these Procedures are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children and vulnerable adults is the primary concern.
- All children and vulnerable adults, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse.
- It is everyone's responsibility to report any concerns about abuse and the responsibility of the Social Work Department and the Police to conduct, where appropriate, a joint investigation.
- All incidents of alleged poor practice, misconduct and abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- All personal data will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly monitored and reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children and vulnerable adults or any changes within Grange Hockey Club
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children or vulnerable adults within Grange Hockey Club
- In all other circumstances, at least annually.
The Grange Club's Child Protection Officer (CPO) is:
Home: 0131 332 5809
Mobile: 07973 499297