Greetland ARLFC was founded in 1933 following a meeting at Well Hill Top, Cross Hills. The meeting was followed by a house to house collection to raise money for kit etc., the colours were cherry & white.
At the end of World War Two, Greetland ARLFC wanted suitable accomodation to recommence activities. Similarly the Elland Olympic Weightlifting Club also wished to find accomodation.
The Conservative Club in Rochdale Road was empty at the time and it was agreed to rent part of the building. On this agreement both clubs amalgamated and it was decided that the new club be named Greetland Allrounders.
The club only stayed there for two seasons and struggled to find permanent accomodation until August 1950 when Mr. James Normington offered 12 acres of moorland for lease.
Work commenced on the pitch in April 1951 and was not completed until the field opening on Saturday June 26th 1954.