Guildford Cricket Club, one of the leading clubs in Surrey, are seeking to appoint their first Director of Cricket.
The club have a strong record of success in the Surrey Championship and have played a leading role in a large number of players rising to first-class and international cricket.
Three senior men’s teams, a host of junior sides who have achieved success in both county and national competitions and a thriving women’s section make Guildford a club rich in potential.
Based at Woodbridge Road, which hosts first-class cricket each year, the club have modern facilities and a full-time groundstaff.
Guildford are seeking someone who will spearhead the club’s re-establishment on the field as a leading Premier Division side after relegation this year, while understanding the ethos of the club to promote talented young players from within.
This position offers the opportunity to work at a unique location with the potential to shape the role as the first incumbent of it, promoting the candidate’s own profile within the game.
- To develop a strategy to harness the talent within the club, combined with careful recruitment, to ensure Guildford become a leading team in the Surrey Championship.
- To understand and develop the full cycle of a junior player.
- To develop a coaching programme for all ages in both men’s and women’s cricket.
- To ensure talented players have a pathway to achieve county recognition and beyond through high-class coaching and support.
- To lead and liaise with the coaching team in all areas of the club, setting the high standards and creating a positive culture.
- To work with the senior captains to provide relevant feedback and frequent opportunities for junior players moving into senior cricket.
Personal profile and requirements
- ECB Level 3 (preferred).
- Established player in ECB Premier Division or equivalent, or higher levels of game, ready to play leading role on the field.
- Ability to plan and lead structured coaching sessions for all ages.
- Excellent organisational skills to support admin duties.
- Strong leadership of both volunteers and professional coaches.
- Proficient communication with parental membership base.
- Willingness to buy into club ethos and help drive long-term vision.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Deliver high-class coaching sessions throughout the winter and summer programme.
- Regular engagement with age group leads to include administrative guidance, training of coaches and support through coaching courses.
- Act as an ambassador for the club and consistently uphold the club’s ethos and culture while being an active member.
- Assist captains with selection of senior cricket sides at weekly meetings.
- Hours and times to be agreed with the successful candidate.
- £20K+ negotiable with experience.
- Potential for considerable extra income through coaching and courses.
To discuss the role further please contact Bob Cunningham (chairman of cricket committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be submitted with CV by 10 October, 2019.