Tue 12
Hampton & R. B. (Middx Senior Cup)
First Team


By Harrow Borough
Share via

Harrow fought back from being 2-0 down at the Beveree on Tuesday evening only to be knocked out of the Middlesex Senior Cup in a penalty Shoot Out.

New signing Taurean Roberts made his debut against one of his former clubs & Juwon Akintunde was given his first start. Ryan Haugh was one of the subs, making a welcome return after being injured during pre season.

Hampton right back Joe Felix had his name in the referee's note book as early as the 4th minute for a late rash challenge on Roberts as Boro started brightly. The home side's first serious attack was all of the visitors making as four passes all going backwards lead to a foul right on the edge of the penalty area which was struck well but deflected wide.

Boro had chances as Moore played in Kearney & his powerful shot was just wide, Akintunde was fouled on the edge of the area & Lewis Cole free kick was on target, but headed clear.

Lewthwaite had a chance for Hampton which was well saved by Al-Droubi, the ball fell to Wadah Ahmidi, who blazed high over the bar.
In the final minute of the half Ryan Hill received a short freekick from Kyron Farrell cut in from the left wing then hit a hard shot low in to the far corner of the net to give the home side a half time lead.

Al-Droubi had to be alert as Lewthwaite had a shot on goal early in the 2nd half, then Moore tried his luck with a long range shot that had Walker in the home scampering across his goal as the ball went just wide.
In the 54th minute Jack Skinner swung in a cross that was so close the Harrow goal that it did bot interest any of his team mates, it was also very close to the cross bar & as Hafed Al-Droubi tried to gather the ball it ended up going over him & into the goal 2-0.
Boro continued to play some decent attacking football, Roberts combined with Akintunde to create space for Lewis Cole to shoot, Walker getting down well to save.
Just after the hour mark Cole was the provider with of a fine pass to Juwon Akintunde running into the box, he controlled & fired a shot into the net in fine style.

Joe Felix had a attempt on target from a tight angle that brought a good save from Al-Droubi, then Boro dominated the final quarter of an hour , George Moore's free kick was just wide, Muhemba almost got in on goal but was thwarted by Cook,. before a ball across goal was thumped home by George Moore for a deserved equalizer and take the tie to a penalty shoot out.

Chinu Cole took first Kick that was saved by Laurie Walker in the Beavers goal. The next eight penalties were all scored (Ireland, Roberts, Kearney & Muhemba scoring for Boro) so
Orsi-Dadomo had the chance tto win it for the hosts but his kick was saved by Hafed Al-Droubi., who then stepped up to takes Boro's sixth penalty but Walker saved to allow Ed Cook to slot his penalty home to end Boro's interest in the County Senior Cup for this season.

On Saturday Harrow return to League action with a visit to Hampshire to play Farnborough.

Hampton & Richmond Borough: Laurie Walker, Joe Felix, Ruaridh Donaldson, Shaun McAuley (sub Jake Brown 78 mins), Ed Cook, Kyron Farrell, Wadah Ahmidi, Jake Grey (sub Cole Brown 60 min) Tyrone Lewthwaite, Ryan Hill, Jack Skinner (sub Danilo Orsi-Dadomo 66 mins)
Subs, Matt Young, Danilo Orsi-Dadomo, Jake Brown, Jamie Hope

HARROW BOROUGH: Hafed Al-Droubi, Shaun Preddie, Chinua Cole, George Fenton, Adam Pepera, Jordan Ireland, Taurean Roberts, Juwon Akintunde (Sub Excellence Muhemba 62 min),Dylan Kearney, George Moore, Lewis Cole (Ryan Haugh 66 min)
Unused subs: Josh Andrew, Lee Pearce , Steve Baker

Referee: Mr M. Smith

Att. 94

By Alan James

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Tue 12, Nov 2019