Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Harrow Borough Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Harrow Borough
Sat 16 Feb 15:00 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Division South Full time

Farnborough 4 Harrow Boro 1

Harrow Borough remained in sixth position despite another league loss with a misfiring and at times downright poor display against Farnborough at the Easy As HGV Stadium.

Steve Baker making only one change to the team that started at Uxbridge mid week, Mark McLeod coming in to midfield with the defence reshuffled, Preddie, Oseni and Gough with George Moore on the right and Josh Andrew on the left, pushing up and down the wings in attacking roles.

Boro actually started the brighter of the two sides. Michael Bryan had a early shot blocked. Lewis Cole and Mitchal Gough put in good crosses which were dealt with sharply by the Farnborough keeper, Liam Beech. Josh Andrew did good work down Harrow’s left wing putting in Cole who shot wide. Up the other end, Oseni blocked Young’s early shot and Al-Droubi comfortably saved from another Young strike from outside the box and Al-Droubi dealt with another cross by Young to beat Cullen to the ball.
On 27 minutes Boro probably had their best chance of the half. George Moore swung in a free kick from the right with Oseni beating his marker to the ball and headed narrowly wide of the post, Beech beaten. As the half progressed Farnborough were increasingly getting into the game. From a corner, Ex-Boro man Kurtis Cumberbatch’s cross shot went just over the Harrow crossbar and from a Harrow corner a quick breakaway by Cumberbatch found Cullen in space in the penalty box and drew a good save from Al-Droubi.
The turning point of the half came on 39 minutes after another Farnborough corner the ball was swung in and Preddie was judged to have pushed Seth Owens just inside the penalty box, but off the ball. It looked a soft decision to me but referee Ellesmore pointed to the spot. Cumberbatch converted the penalty and Farnborough went into half time 1- 0 up.
Any hopes from Boro fans of a Harrow revival in the second half were quickly quashed within 7 minutes of the restart. Farnborough started to dominate from the off, former Harrow striker Marc Charles Smith shooting from the edge of the box had Al-Droubi diving to his right, making a good save but he could do nothing when after a throw in Charles Smith was allowed room to turn and get his cross in and with poor marking Cullen could not miss the net with a tap in from less than 6 yards out 2-0 Farnborough.
Farnborough were clearly in the ascendency. A minute later a cross from the Farnborough left was not dealt with and Young picked up the ball on the edge of the box, run past Andrew who was then penalised for a trip from behind, another penalty awarded, with Cumberbatch again dispatching from the spot 3-0 Farnborough. Haugh came on for a subdued Gough as Boro tried to get back into the game that now already had gone.

Moore shot wide again on the 64 minute and drew a good save from Beech after good work from Ant O’Connor. To their credit both players trying to make runs and find space against a well drilled Farnborough defence and midfield. Mark Bitmead replaced Mark McLeod as Harrow tried to get something from the game and Fearn came on for Farnborough but without the midfield protection from McLeod on 71 minutes John Oyenuga was allowed space and time to waltz through the midfield and get a shot away from a good 30 yards out, smashing the ball low down past Al-Droubi right hand into the back of the net.
Harrow pulled a goal back on 73 minutes when Andrew moved the ball to Moss who flicked it onto Moore who was pulled back into the penalty area and Mr Ellesmore pointed to spot. Ryan Moss converted the penalty to make 4-1.
As the game entered the final 15 minutes Moore sent a free kick wide, up the other end Cullen missed from close in when it looked easier to score but Boro’s misery was complete on 80 minutes when Lewis Cole was shown a straight red for what appeared to be a hard, but perhaps two footed tackle. I thought the ref would show a yellow card for it but the ref showed a red and Cole was sent off. As the game drew to a close Halsey nearly made it five with a shot going close to Al-Droubi’s far post. Bitmead shot across goal and O’Connor went close with a near post shot, Beech also making another fine save as Moore shot from the edge of the box in injury time. However, the ref blew his final whistle and Harrow again had slumped to another bad league defeat.
The zip and confidence in our play has deserted us in the past month and we certainly don’t seem to be getting the rub of the green, but we can have no complaints as we were well beaten here as our recent poor form continues.
Next up is Tuesday away at Hayes and Yeading United in the Middlesex Senior Cup.
Final Score Farnborough 4 Harrow Borough 1
FARNBOROUGH: Liam Beech, Matt Bevans, Seth Owens, Tom Leggett, Rob Bartley, Kurtis Cumberbatch, John Oyenuga, Elliot Bonds, Marc Charles Smith (sub Tony Halsey) Connor Cullen (sub Perry Coles) Reggie Young (sub CJ Fearn) subs not used Aaron Oakley , Harry Cooksley
HARROW BOROUGH: Hafed Al-Droubi, George Moore, Joshua Andrew, Mitchal Gough (sub Ryan Haugh) Shaun Preddie, Nathaniel Oseni, Anthony O’ Connor, Mark McLeod (sub Mark Bitmead) Ryan Moss, Michael Bryan, Lewis Cole (sent off) subs not used Max Holland, Lee Peace, Frank Keita

Referee Mr T Ellesmore

Attn: 348

By Gary Holderness

The FA Respect: We Only Do Positive

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division South results

Basingstoke Town
Beaconsfield Town
Taunton Town
Chesham United
Hartley Wintney
Dorchester Town
Staines Town
Swindon Supermarine
Merthyr Town
Poole Town
Frome Town
Wimborne Town
Walton Casuals


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors