- 1st XV were defeated 34-20 at Whitley Bay Rockcliff but came away with a try bonus point. Jamie Yorke impressed and was a try scorer on his 1st XV debut for the club, while 17 year old Byron Taylor also made his full debut starting on the wing. There is a free week now before the trip to Ryton on 17th February.
- Hartlepool A were left without a fixture when Billingham couldn't field a team. That game has been rearranged for Saturday 16th March.
- Stockton arrived at Mayfield Park short but members of a large Friars squad happily volunteered to make up the numbers which led to a competitive game. The hosts ran out 27-10 winners in the end thanks to tries from Brian Osland, Chris Williamson, Ben Drewett, Rylie Lang and Lee Burton. Alex Sharp got on the scoresheet twice for the visitors.
- Speaking of Rylie Lang, this was the 17 year olds senior debut for the club. Not only did he bag himself a try but the opposition also voted the young back row Man of the Match.
- On Sunday the U7-U12 Minis travelled to Bishop Auckland for a series of fixtures.
- Under 11 played host to Season Carew and carried on their long unbeaten run.
- Under 12 Girls travelled to Houghton and played before the Women's fixture at Dairy Lane. They produced arguable their performance of the season to run out winners.
- Under 13 put in a big performance to beat Guisborough at Mayfield Park. Big shout out to Mason who was Forward of the Match and Shay who picked up Back of the Match.
- Under 14 Boys lost out to a much improved Darlington Mowden Park side with Jeff Ofosu picking up player of the match. It was great to see Zack Stewart make his return from injury also. It has been a good week for the team with three new players joining and Isaac and James making the cut for the Falcons DPP.
- Under 14 Girls demonstrated more great progress away at Blyth with their typical energy and never say die attitude. They scored two tries through Spring and Faye, with Katie on point from the tee to convert both.
- Under 18 Boys lost out to a strong Darlington side but the main take away is that the side is fulfilling fixtures once again on a weekly basis both home and away. With the talent in this side it is only a matter of time before their performances turn into victories.
- Hartlepool Ladies lost 49-17 to a strong and youthful Houghton side but more than played their part in an entertaining contest. Three great tries were scored through Carla Kraken and Emily Carroll (2).
- Well done to Lillie and Rachel from our Under 18 Academy Girls who made their senior debut for Hartlepool Ladies in this match having recently turned 17. They were both introduced as second half replacements and made an instant impact with their energy and willingness to run the ball.
Coming up this week we have England v Wales on Saturday (4.45pm) and Sunday sees the return of our Quiz (8pm).
There are no fixtures at home on Saturday but Hartlepool A finally return to action when they travel to Peterlee & Horden in the CANDY League.