Every Saturday when there is a home game at HRFC we have a duty officer in place to ensure the smooth running of the game/games.
Currently we have 12 duty officers on the rota who average 3 Saturdays each during the season, we could really do with a few more as our pool is not getting any younger!
If you would be interested in finding out more about this enjoyable role then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07747010449 ) or ask any of our current officers for their insight into the role.
My thanks go to John Atkinson, Ben Griffiths, George Patton, Peter King, Jo & Paul Prior, Dave Smart, Dave Evans, Stu Vincent, Peter Grove-White and Vince Bendin for the fantastic job they have done this season.
See below the job spec
Updated 09:44 - 16 May 2019 by John Irvine
BEFORE THE GAME
1 Arrive an hour and a half to two hours before the kick-off. Collect keys from the bar.
2. Mark up changing and pitch information on chalk board at entrance to the changing rooms
3. Greet visiting referees and show them to their changing room, no. 7.
4. Unlock First Aid Room.
5. Unlock Balcony Door by the outside steps, unlock doors by the indoor stairs.
6. Put out flags on main pitch. The main pitch flags are the set with the square corner pads. Uncover Scoreboard and check it is switched on.
7. Inflate match balls (9½ to 10lbs per sq in) and give to referees.
8. Put out flags on other pitches and remind Home Captains to make sure they are brought in by the home team on completion.
9. Place stretcher on the veranda.
10.Shut Main Door to changing rooms as players leave to play. V NB: the 1 st XV will be exiting through the door in changing room no.6 this will need to be locked and re-opened at half time.
DURING THE GAME
11.Be on hand during the game to unlock the changing rooms for any injured players.
12.Retrieve lost balls during the game on pitch 1.
13. 5 minutes before end of games take tea from Kitchen the referees.
14.Unlock all changing rooms as games end.
AFTER THE GAME
15.Please try to account for all balls.
16.Collect 1st XV flags in, Sort out sets of touch flags (team captains will collect respective touch flags), clean all balls thoroughly, empty buckets and return all the above and the electric pump to the wooden cupboard and lock it.
17.Put stretcher away.
18.Lock equipment cabin and First Aid Room and return the keys to the bar