The successful candidate or candidates will work as part of a team in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of senior and new club players, as well as individual injury prevention programmes.
This will involve working closely with the wider rugby management team
(Coach Coordinator and Head Coach) to maximise the availability of players for training and matches and ensure that players returning from injury are both physically and technically at their best.
Any applicants will ideally need to demonstrate a background of working in a sport/rugby and must have a skill set that includes the practical delivery of performance prehab/rehab and experience in sports strapping.
The successful applicant will have a BSc Hons in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy, be a member of the CSP or BASRAT and HCPC registered. Post-Graduate qualification in Sports Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation is desirable. Recently qualified graduates will be considered.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Some Tuesday and Thursday night physiotherapy clinics assessing new issues for players and managing repeat treatment, between 1900 and 2100
- Duties include but are not limited to, accurate injury assessment and
diagnosis, treatment, prehab/rehab programming.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all aspects of physiotherapy
treatment, injury management and rehab content in keeping with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) guidelines.
- Provide match day cover including first aid, as required by the RFU first aid and immediate care provision guidelines, at either home or away games on Saturday afternoons. (Travel to away games can be provided)
- Provide relevant referrals information to NHS or private healthcare providers as required by players
Competitive hourly rates available dependant on experience. Opportunities to support the team on foreign tours and welcome at all club events and activities.