Kuils River Recreation Club was established on February 13, 1945, through the amalgamation of and rivals Young Ideas and Olympics. The historic decision was taken in the St George's Hall, Main Road, and the new club received the blessing and co-operation of both rev. Banks and the church council of the St. Georges Church. The sixteen members who attended the inagural meeting elected N. du Plooy (chairman), D. Behr (vice-chairman), B. du Plooy (secretary), T. Felix (asst. secretary) and R. Behr (treasurer) as the first officials.
Club activities included soccer, table tennis and physical education, but with little money and hampered by war there were lots of teething problems. Soccer started with one team, with J. Bailey as captain. The club was affiliated to the Stellenbosch and District Football Association and in its first competitive game, although only a friendly, lost 2-1 to Villagers on April 2, 1945. It was in the same year that George Foster composed a musical piece which was duly accepted as the KRRC march. Uncle Bertie du Plooy wrote words for this musical piece, titled We strive which is also the club's motto.The Victor Ludorum trophy presented by W. du Plooy was first won by J. Carolus in the table tennis section. Reynold Achilles became the 1945 champion and eventually completed a hat trick. In 1965 uncle Norman du Plooy was made Life President of the club for services rendered. By 1952, only soccer was still played, and in 1970 KRRC was changed to Kuils River Association Football Club (KRAFC).
In 1965 the Serepta Sports Board of Control was established to see the development of the new sports ground which was taken into use in 1966. In the same year the KRRC broke away from the Stellenbosch and District Football Association and joined the WPFA based in Kensington, Maitland. Under the leadership of Norman du Plooy (president) and Errol Josephs (chairman) the club spent four seasons in the first Reserve League and then won promotion to the Premier Division. With membership dwindling because of travelling costs, application was made to the Central Football Association. The club was accepted and started out with Central in 1982.
Source: Die Burger Archive(26/04/1995)