Lancaster City FC's Dollies in the Community program has successfully wrapped up its 2022/23 season, having achieved significant milestones over its first nine months since launching in August 2022. Let's take a look back at some of the key highlights of the last nine months:
- School of the Week: The program visited 16 schools, offering thousands of families free tickets. Of those who attended, 88% were first-time visitors to the Giant Axe.
- Mascots: 46 mascots and their families participated in the program.
- Team of the Week: 24 junior team players, coaches, and their families attended a game
- Community Coaching Sessions: Held at the Giant Axe.
- Activity Book: Delivered to 2,400 school children at six schools ahead of Christmas.
- Easter Field Football Festival: The festival, which attracted 20 teams and over 200 primary school children, was relaunched.
- Junior League and School Cup Finals: Two junior league cup finals and three school cup finals were hosted.
- Walking Football: Weekly sessions were held.
- CPR Training: Free sessions were offered.
- Food Bank Collection Point: The program partnered with Olive Branch to collect food bank donations over Christmas.
- Prostate Cancer Checking Service: A checking service was held in May in partnership with Barry Kilby Trust.
Dave Evans said, "We are delighted with the progress we've made. A big thank you to everyone who has supported the scheme this year. We are looking to build on the success of this year and have some exciting plans in place for 2023-2024. “
We are looking for sponsors, partners, and volunteers to help us deliver more projects. If you can help in any way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.