CODE OF PRACTICE FOR PLAYERS
Leigh Rugby Union Football Club
ALL PLAYERS REPRESENTING THE CLUB MUST:
• Play for enjoyment and become part of the rugby family.
• Respect the “Game of Rugby” and play within the laws of the Game.
• Accept the referee’s decision and let your captain or coach ask any relevant questions.
• Play with control. Do not lose your temper.
• Always do your best and be committed to the game, your team and your club.
• Be a “good sport”. Applaud all good play whether by your team or the opposition.
• Respect your opponent. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not “bully” or take advantage of any player.
• Rugby is a team sport and make sure you co-operate with your coach; team mates and members of your club.
• Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
• At the end of the match thank your opponents and the referee for the match.
• Always remember that you owe a duty of care to your opponents. Tackle hard but fairly, do not intend to hurt your opponent.
• Winning and losing is part of sport: Win with humility – lose with dignity.
• As part of the team it is important that you attend training regularly to help your team meet its objectives.
• As a team sport it is important to understand that all members are important to the team!
• Remember you are representing your team, club and the Game of Rugby
• Behaviors likely to cause offence to other members will not be entered into
• Behaviors that have caused offence will be dealt with by the respective disciplinary committee
• Coaches will text players with information about the next fixture. It is an expectation that a reply is received.