RULES OF THE LEODIENSIAN
RUGBY UNION FOOTBALL CLUB
1. The name of the club is Leodiensian Rugby Union Football Club.
2. The object of the Club shall be playing and promotion of Rugby Union Football.
3. The club shall be non-profit making. Any surplus income or gains can be retained by the
Club to be reinvested in the Club. Surpluses of assets cannot be distributed to members.
4. No payments can be made to a member for participating in any sporting activity unless the
individual receiving payment carries out coaching or other organisational duties on behalf of
the Club which involves at least eight hours per week for those weeks for which payment is
5. The Club shall be open to the whole community without discrimination on the grounds of
ethnicity, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion or beliefs.
6. Membership of the club shall be open to any person who is proposed and seconded for
membership by a playing member of the Club or any retired playing member of the Club and
accepted by the Committee whose discretion in this regard shall be absolute. All Vice Presidents
have the right to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
7. The colours of the Club shall be dark blue and gold.
8. The Club shall be affiliated to the Rugby Football Union and the Yorkshire Rugby Football
9. The Management of the Club shall be entrusted to the Committee which shall consist of the
President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Secretary, Team Captains and Vice
Captains and also eight members of the Club elected to the Committee at the Annual General
10. The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy in their members that may arise
during the course of the year and shall have the power to co-opt further members of the Club
or V.Ps to serve on the Committee.
11. The Committee shall have the power to deal with the property and funds of the Club and
do all things necessary to carry on the Club including the expulsion of members if their conduct
be considered harmful or damaging to the character of the Club and for this latter power a
majority of two thirds of the members of the Committee shall be present and voting shall be
required. Any expelled member shall have the right to appeal to the Annual General Meeting
to rescind the desision of the Committee and this may be done by the majority of two thirds
of those present and voting at such meeting. Notice of appeal to the Annual General Meeting
must be given in writing to the Hon. Secretary within seven days of the notice of such expulsion
being given and until the Annual General Meeting the members should not be entitled to the
privileges of membership.
12. The Committee shall have the power to delegate all or any of these duties to a subcommittee
of not less than three members, except in the powers to expel a member.
13. A General Meeting of members called the Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon
as possible after the season is closed each year, to receive the report of the committee and the
statement of accounts and to elect the officers and committee for the ensuing year.
14. The Notice calling the Annual General Meeting stating the business to be considered thereat
shall be sent to each member at least twenty one calendar days before the date of the meeting
and the notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be sent out incorporating the Agenda and
nomination form so that members unable to attend the meeting can send in nominations for
positions, but no rule can be amended without the personal attendance of the Club Member. All
nominations must be in the hands of the Club Secretary, at least seven calendar days before the
date of the Annual General Meeting.
Any member unable to attend may appoint a proxy holder to attend and vote in his stead. In
respect of all matterÃ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s other than changes in rules.
15. The Committee shall, on request to the Hon. Secretary by fifteen members stating their
requirements, call a Special General Meeting. Such Meeting shall be convened by notice in
writing to each member at least four clear days before the date of the meeting and shall state
the nature of the business to be transacted thereat.
16.Alterations, additions and deletions to these rules shall be made by the sanction of a majority
of two thirds of members present and voting at the Annual General Meeting.
17. Notice in writing of any proposed alteration or addition to these rules which it may be
desired to make at the Annual General Meeting in any year should be sent to Hon. Secretary
before the first day of March in such year and particulars of the proposed alterations or additions
shall be given at the Notice concerning the meeting.
18. The annual subscription for members of the Club shall be decided upon at the Annual
General Meeting. Membership will be divided into catagories- Playing, Non-Playing, Student,
Lady and Vice Presidents. Selection (of team members) will only be considered in exceptional
cases if subscriptions remain unpaid by the 30th November of the Season in question. All
subscriptions shall be due on the 1st day of September.
19. Resignation from membership shall be sent in writing to the Hon. Secretary of the Club and
any member not having sent in his resignation before the 1st day of September shall be deemed
to be a member for the ensuing year and shall be liable for subscriptions accordingly.
20. It shall be a condition of membership that subscription shall be a debt due to the Club.