The FA's RESPECT campaign after a couple of seasons changed from a campaign to The FA's RESPECT programme. As such, ensuring there is a consistent focus on creating a positive environment for all involved in football, both children and adults alike.
The FA expects every club to encourage everyone to help to combat unacceptable behaviour in our game at every level – both on and off the pitch.
What the club is committed to:
- Ensuring every Manager, Coach, Spectator/Parent/Carer and Player reads and signs the Respect Code of Conduct (see below). If you feel you have not been asked to do this then please speak with the manager of your team or a committee member.
- That the RESPECT handshake takes place prior to kick off and at the end of the fixture to show good sportsmanship.
- Ensuring a designated spectator area is marked out with a barrier, this will either be done with an FA RESPECT barrier, cones, rope or a permanent pitch barrier, etc. ALL spectators must remain behind this line throughout the game. Within our club's junior games - NO SPECTATOR is permitted to stand behind the goals or on the technical side unless for a safeguarding issue discussed prior to the match.
- Ensuring managers are aware they are not permitted to enter the field of play unless requested to do so by the match official or run up and down the touch line during the game. They should remain in the technical area and direct their players from there.
- Spectators must not shout foul or abusive language at any fixture or training and must not demonstrate any aggressive behaviour. Anyone who is reported to be doing this and breaching the code of conduct they have signed will be subject to full club investigation and will dealt with through our disciplinary procedure which could result in being reported to the FA and any necessary local authorities.
Lincoln United Football Club is committed to creating a safe, fun and inclusive environment for our children to enjoy playing football and any breaches of the above will not be tolerated.
If you have questions about The FA's RESPECT programme or the Lincoln United Football Club, please do not hesitate to contact our Child Welfare Officer, Club Secretary or your Manager/Coach - all of which are available, with contact details, in our contacts section on the club website.
- For further information on the FA's RESPECT programme please visit the FA website here - https://www.thefa.com/get-involved/respect
- Lincolnshire FA has it's own RESPECT page and this can be accessed here - https://www.lincolnshirefa.com/about/respect