I hope you've all enjoyed the summer break and that the players are raring to go for the new junior football season. I'd like to welcome all the new players joining the club this year, we hope you will all enjoy your football with Littleton Junior FC.
This season will see the 50th anniversary of the club after its formation in 1972 and we'll be planning some ways to celebrate in 2022, please watch this space. The club continues to go from strength to strength and I'm always grateful to hear all the positive feedback about the club from parents and those looking to join.
We're very proud of the club's reputation and we think it is important that everyone is on the same page and knows what to expect from the club so please click here to read the Littleton Club Ethos document.
I'm very hopeful that we'll have less disruption this season after the challenges over the last 18 months but thank you for all your support with following the various Covid requirements. As always, I'd like to thank all those who work hard behind the scenes to get everything in place ready for the new season:
- Mike Knowles (Club Secretary) for all the league admin and player registrations (and the video for Rec users - see below!)
- Paul Burgess (Vice-Chair) for sorting the jigsaw puzzle of pitch allocations alongside the Saints coaching plan
- Sean McPike (Kit Officer) for all the new kit and equipment for our player base now approaching 600!
- Laura Gilbert and Anna Bird (Club Treasurers) for managing the finances including setting up subs and managing the player database (Pitchero); and
- Richard Wood (CWO) for supporting coaches with DBS renewals.
Thank you also to all our managers and coaches for all that you do to facilitate a fun and safe environment for the children to enjoy football. We are all volunteers and we do need more help. We know many of you may not be able to support with coaching but can you spare 1 hour a week to help on the club committee?
Without the committee the club cannot operate and we urgently need help for the following roles:
Treasurer - Laura and Anna will be stepping down later this season
Club Welfare Officer (CWO) - Richard will be moving into a different role
Please let me know if you would be willing to help. I'd be very happy to discuss what's involved.
Lastly, we understand from the Parish Council that there have been issues with speeding through Littleton and complaints about car parking at busy times at the Rec so please watch this short video covering important information for those using the Rec: https://vimeo.com/589366251.
This just leaves me to wish all our teams a great start to the season. Go Littleton!