Tue 13
1st Team
L Akins (51' Sent Off)
Jammers Exit FA Trophy

Jammers Exit FA Trophy

By Maldon & Tiptree Media
Share via

Maldon & Tiptree were dumped out of the FA Trophy at the first hurdle courtesy of Ware, who progressed to face Witham Town in the next round.

Manager, Paul Abrahams was forced in to making a number of changes to his starting XI, without the injured Martyn Stokes, Laste Dombaxe and Kamani McFarlane both started on the bench. Brad Ihionvien, George Forrest and Dylan Logan al returned to the starting XI.

After a bright start from both sides, it was the visitors who took the lead in the 15th minute. After Harvey Sayer conceded possession in his own half, it allowed Ware to deliver a dangerous box in to the post, which found the head of the experienced, Renee Howe who headed home from the edge of the six yard box.

As the Jammers struggled to get going, the visitors from Hertfordshire continued to dominate and in truth could have perhaps extended their lead fairly swiftly after their first goal. In the 31st minute, Captain Lance Akins conceded a free kick after conceding possession in his own half, he collected a yellow card for his troubles.

In the 40th minute, the Jammers had appeals for a penalty waved away, with the Referee adjudging there was no foul on Dylan Logan. With the appeals ringing around Park Drive, the home defence was caught napping and allowed the visitors to extend their lead.Liam Dulson broke in to the penalty area before sending his effort beyond Tom Middlehurst and in to the back of the net. On the stroke of half-time, the Jammers once again conceded possession in their own half and had Middlehurst to thank for keeping them in the game as he made a good save from close range.

HALF TIME | Maldon & Tiptree 0 - 2 Ware

With work to do in the second half, Abrahams made two changes. Dylan Logan as replaced as he was suffering with concussion, whilst Brad McClenaghan suffered another knock to his ankle an had to be replaced. Laste Dombaxe and Kamani McFarlane were introduced to the contest. In the 51st minute, the tie was virtually over after a foolish sending off for the Jammers. Having been booked midway through the first half, Lance Akins was caught on the half way line, falling to the floor in the process and decided to grab the ball with both hands, preventing Ware from counter-attacking. The Referee had no choice but to issue the Jammers captain with a second yellow card and send him for an early shower.

Three minutes late, the Jammers fate was confirmed as shot from the edge of the area somehow crept underneath Tom Middlehurst and found the back of the net for a Ware third. The best Maldon chance of the evening fell to Brad Ihionvien however as he approached the goalkeeper with only him to beat, he hit his effort straight at the visiting shot-stopper as he continues to look for his first goal in open play this season.

The best news of the evening for Maldon was the return of attacking full-back Kojo Awotwi, who after over a year out through a knee injury made a welcome come back in the 66th minute, replacing Scott Kemp. As the game drifted towards the final whistle, it was looking like damage limitation for the Jammers who prevented Ware from increasing their lead before taking their place in the next round of the competition to take on Witham Town.

FULL TIME | Maldon & Tiptree 0 - 3 Ware

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Tue 13, Sep 2022






The FA Trophy 22-23