Altrincham Ice Hockey Club Ltd (Manchester Storm Academy) PRIVACY NOTICE
Summary of how we, Pitchero (website host) and the EIHA (Governing Body) use your data:
• The Manchester Storm Academy uses your personal data to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with its teams and club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes. We may also contact you to inform you of club events and non-club events related to Ice Hockey.
• Data is also shared with other clubs, where required, this will be only for the use of administering matchday requirements which include teamsheets and any anonymous acknowledgement to agree or refuse the use of visual recording equipment during games and subsequent posting onto any external domain, such as websites or social media.
• Where we, Pitchero or the EIHA rely on your consent, such as any consent we seek for email marketing, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
• Amongst the data we collect from you may be medical (including injury) information. We will hold this where you (or your parent) have given consent so that we can ensure we are aware of your condition and can that you are supported appropriately.
• Where you work in a particular role within the game, you may be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service check using the EIHA’s eDBS system. The result of this check will be input into your game management record (GMS) record managed by the EIHA and kept within the club's membership database.
What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how The Manchester Storm Academy (also referred to as “the Club”, “we” or “us”) will make use of the data we handle in relation to our members and players, including our use of the Game Management System (“GMS”) provided by the English Ice Hockey Association (“EIHA”) and our website provided by Pitchero. The policy also describes the EIHA’s use of data on GMS and Pitchero for our website.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
How we collect your data and what information do we collect?
We may collect and process Your Data in the following circumstances:
• whenever you join the club website using Jotform and register with Pitchero
• whenever you or a third party provide Your Data on an online form on PITCHERO.COM (for example, when you submit video, images and other material via android and mobile applications, when you enter competitions or free prize draws etc.
• when you join the website Pitchero may also collect data in the following ways:
IP Address - Pitchero may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection. They may also collect information about your device’s operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We collect and process personal data from you or your parent when you join the club or the website and when we carry out annual renewals of your membership. This includes:
• your name
• your gender,
• your date of birth,
• your home address, email address and phone number;
• your passport and NI details, where we have to check your eligibility or ability to work for us;
• your type of membership and involvement in particular teams, or any key role you may have been allocated, such as Chair, Safeguarding Lead, Membership Secretary etc.;
• your payment and/or bank account details, where you provide these to pay for a membership;
• your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
• your medical conditions or disability, where you provide this to us with your consent (or your parent’s consent) to ensure we are aware of any support we may need to provide to you.
Some information will be generated as part of your involvement with us, in particular data about your performance, involvement in particular matches in match reports this will also include publishing of video and photo footage to the website where both teams have agreed this can take place and details of any disciplinary issues or incidents you may be involved in on and off the pitch, such as within health and safety records.
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are a child, we may be given information about you by your parents.
We may receive information relating to your existing registrations with other clubs or ice hockey bodies or disciplinary history from the EIHA. Additionally, for certain role holders or those working with children, we may receive information from the Disclosure and Barring Service and EIHA on the status of any DBS check you have been required to take.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
• To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a payment for your membership and any merchandise, or enter a competition. This includes:
o taking payments;
o communicating with you;
o providing and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services;
• As required by the Club to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
o we will use your information to manage and administer your membership and your involvement with its teams and club, and to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
o we will also use data to maintain records of our performances and history, including match reports, score lines and team sheets;
o we may choose to send you promotional materials and offers by post or by phone, or by email where we want to send you offers relating to similar products and services that you have already bought;
o we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research or surveys;
• Where you give us consent:
o we will send you direct marketing or promotional material by email;
o we may handle medical or disability information you or your parent provides to us, to ensure we support you appropriately;
o on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
• For purposes which are required by law:
o we maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
o we ensure, where you will work with children, that you have undergone an appropriate DBS check – this is also carried out with your consent.
o where you hold a role at the Club requiring us to check your right to work, we may process information to meet our statutory duties;
o we may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How does the EIHA use any of my information?
The EIHA provides GMS, but make its own use of the following information:
• your name;
• your gender;
• your date of birth;
• your EIHA ID (as assigned in GMS);
• your home address, email address and phone number; and
• your type of membership and involvement in particular teams at the Club, or any key role you may have been allocated, such as Chair, Safeguarding Lead, Membership Secretary etc.
The EIHA uses this information as follows:
• As required by the EIHA to conduct its business and pursue its legitimate interests, in particular:
o communicating with you or about you where necessary to administer the EIHA
o administering and ensuring the eligibility of players, match officials and others involved in English ice hockey – this may involve the receipt of limited amounts of sensitive data in relation to players medical history
o maintaining records of the game as played in England, in particular maintaining details of discipline and misconduct;
o maintaining statistics and conducting analysis on the make-up of ice hockey’s participants;
o ensuring compliance with the current EIHA Rules and Regulations including those on the affiliation of clubs, referee societies, constituent bodies and other ice hockey bodies, and registration of players;
o communicating with you to ask for your opinion on EIHA initiatives.
• For purposes which are required by law:
o The EIHA will ensure, where you will work with children and where this is required, that you have undergone an appropriate DBS check – this is also carried out with your consent.
o The EIHA may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
In addition to sharing data with the EIHA, we may share some of your data with Pitchero for website and jotforms for the means of registration, membership management and communications.
Some limited information may be shared with other stakeholders in ice hockey, such as other clubs, Constituent Bodies, referee societies, league organisers, so that they can maintain appropriate records and assist us in organising matches and administering the game.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our or the EIHA’s legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third-party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include the EIHA as the provider of GMS, Jotforms as a provider of the club registration form and Pitchero providers of website hosting
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine-readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet contractual or other legal requirements, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
You have the same rights for data held by the EIHA for its own purposes on GMS.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us– or, as appropriate, the EIHA or its data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks and register you as required by EIHA Rules and Regulations. We will inform you which information is mandatory when it is collected. Some information is optional, particularly information such as your medical information. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
How do I get in touch with you or the EIHA?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt-out of direct marketing, you can get in touch with the Compliance Team by contacting email@example.com
How long will you retain my data?
We process the majority of your data for as long as you are an active member and for 1 year after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data for 1 year unless you ask us to stop, when we will only process the data for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in the future.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 1 year from your last interaction with us.
We will retain information held to maintain statutory records in line with appropriate statutory requirements or guidance.
The EIHA will maintain records of individuals who have registered on GMS, records of DBS checks and the resulting outcomes and other disciplinary matters for such period as is set out in the EIHA’s privacy notice to be set out on https://eiha.co.uk/gdpr/
Records of your involvement in a particular match, on team sheets, on results pages or in match reports may be held indefinitely both by us and the EIHA in order to maintain a record of the game.
UPDATED July 2021