Welcome to Marlborough RFC U12s
We focus on skills development and tailored coaching, delivered in a fun and supportive way. Year 7 children are welcome to play in our U12’s team, and we welcome new players!
Please see below for essential U12s information:-
If you are new to the Club or thinking about joining then you are welcome at Marlborough RFC.
New starters should come to the pitch and introduce themselves to a member of the coaching team.
You will need to sign a consent to play form on arrival which entitles your child to two trial sessions. After both of these sessions you will need to become a member of the club if you wish to continue.
Our first session of the 2018-19 season is at 10.15am on Sunday 2nd September.
Please use the clubhouse noticeboard to determine what our pitch allocation is for the day.
Sessions will last approximately 90 minutes.
All players must have a parent or guardian present at all times during training sessions and tournaments/fixtures. Please sign each player in/out at the start and end of each session.
For all sessions we ask that each child arrives suitably dressed for the conditions, is fit and well and brings a named water bottle.
Mouth guards are mandatory and your child will not be allowed to take any part in a session if they do not wear a mouth guard.
U12s coaching team
All our coaches are DBS checked and appropriately qualified to deliver training in a safe, inclusive and fun way.
Aims for the season:
• All activities are enjoyable for all
• All players have noticeably improved their rugby skills over the course of the season and can safely tackle and be tackled
• All players can understand the principles of body positions
• Players, parents and coaches actively support the fundamental principles of the RFU
Core Values – Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship.
• We actively seek encouragement, support and constructive feedback from players, parents and coaches.
Membership and registration
It is a Club requirement that each player is a paid up member of the club and therefore players who are not members will not be permitted to train after September or play in fixtures during this period.
We would also like to remind you that your child must be registered with the RFU to play in a tournament. RFU registrations roll forward therefore if you completed this since joining you will not need to do it again this season.
The U12s Rules
At the weblink below you can find the U12 Rules:
The key elements of the Under 12s Rules of Play are:
• Team numbers: 11 or 12 a-side
• Up to 40 minutes playing time
• Continuation of the contested strike
• Nearest 5 players in scrum (all players trained, late specialisation)
• No limit on numbers contesting for the ball including in the maul and ruck
• Introduction of the hand off – below the armpits
Our schedule for the coming season can be found on our website:http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/marlborough/teams/11069/fixtures-results
Please note that this will be updated throughout the season as fixtures change.
If you have any queries please feel free to talk to any of the coaches after any session.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org