“Promoting Sport in the Marlow Community”
Exciting new developments at Marlow Sports Club April 2019
As Trustees of the Sports Club it is important that we keep members across all sections up to date with our overall financial position and new initiatives that will improve the facilities for everyone.
Since 2011 when the Sports Club purchased the land we occupy, good progress has been made in increasing income and meeting loan repayments. But to ensure all our sports have what they need to flourish and attract new members, we must make improvements to the club’s facilities. Whilst essential, these will provide financial challenges and we will need your help to make it happen.
The key improvements that we are looking to implement from April 2019 are: -
1. Modernise and increase the capacity of the changing facilities inside the clubhouse to accommodate all home and visiting teams/individuals, allowing the removal of the makeshift and expensive “tins” outside.
2. Once the “tins” are removed, we will look to use of the vacated space with a covered area where riders can park their bikes and enjoy their refreshments outside.
3. Ahead of any possible longer-term development of the clubhouse, we are planning a refurb of the upstairs area to make it more welcoming and thus maximising usage of the bar and catering facilities.
4. Planning is underway to increase the tennis court capacity and improve the cricket nets by a reconfiguration of the eastern side of the ground. This requires consent from local planning and environment agencies and the initial stages of this process are underway.
Implementing and financing these initiatives will need help from members across all sections to support the small group of Trustees and volunteers who already work tirelessly to provide the best facilities the Sports Club can provide.
HOW YOU CAN HELP ….
Updated 16:28 - 29 Apr 2019 by Nick Webb
1. Support the Friends of Marlow Sport Club scheme that we will be relaunching soon by recruiting your friends and family to become Friends or members too.
2. Volunteer to help run and support fund-raising events within your section and the Sports Club as a whole.
3. Use your skills and experience to help get involved with implementing the new initiatives – facilities managers, fundraisers, PR’s, project managers are all needed !!
We all want the best for our Sports Club - the more that we come together the better it will be and the more fun and great memories we will have from playing and socialising there. Please contact your Section Head or me if you think you can help. Thanks,
Barry Stone, Co-Chair Marlow Sports Club - Barrystone email@example.com
On behalf of Marlow Sports Club Trustees