Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Metropolitan Police FC app


1st XI - Match centre

Metropolitan Police
Tue 2 Apr 19:45 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Division South Full time

Met beaten 4-0 away at Weymouth


Tough night at the Terras


A great setting for an important game with a cordon of flag bearers to welcome the teams onto a pitch in excellent condition at this stage of the season, albeit made skiddy by a late shower before the game. Met were missing Louis Birch due to a knee injury but otherwise a full squad to select from.
The early stages were played out with both teams testing each other with quick flowing breaks, the home side tending to using a long ball in an effort to turn the Met defence. Then on 14 minutes Odubade collected the ball on the right side of the penalty area, turned inside on the edge of the area and despite the close attention of Ollie Knight struck his drive in at Bertie Schotterl’s near post for 1-0. Shortly after Max Blackmore skied a good chance from a long throw from Ollie Robinson as both teams went toe to toe in attack. On 30 minutes the home team were rewarded for their endeavour when a slick interchange of passes down the right was finished clinically by League top scorer Goodship from 12 yards. On 35 minutes with the Met pressing hard came a miss that turned out to be the game changer as Ollie Robinson headed over following a flicked on corner, with the goal at his mercy. Then right on the stroke of half time Max Blackmore put a shot on the turn a foot wide.
Immediately on resumption Weymouth stepped on the gas to put the Met under severe pressure and a period of intense attacking which included 3 successive corners. Having weathered the storm the game resumed an even state with possession shared as the Met made two substitutions with John Gilbert and Jon Hippolyte replacing Ollie Knight and Luke Robertson respectively. But on 68 minutes the game was decided when a fortunate rebound fell to the always busy Thompson who struck a crashing left foot volley leaving Schotterl rooted to the spot. Despite the setback Met continued to attack and Schotterl was called upon to make two good saves to prevent Met going further behind. A final substitution saw Jack Mazzone replaced by Mikel Platt but try as they may Met simply could not find a cutting edge. The game finished with the award of a penalty following Ollie Robinson bundling an attacker into touch. Goodship made no mistake to take the score to 4-0 with the last kick of the game.
Weymouth should now go on to be champions. A very good side but on the night the real difference was their physical strength and finishing. Met disappointed but not shamed in what was a very entertaining game for 1153 fans on a dank Tuesday night.

Team 1 Schotterl 2 Webb 3 Guinness-Walker 4 Arthur 5 Robinson 6 Eldstal 7 Knight 8 Chislett
9 Mazzone 10 Blackmore 11 Robertson
Subs 12 Gilbert 14 Hippolyte 15 Nyama 16 Mummery 17 Platt

Man of Match Schotterl

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division South results

Frome Town
Beaconsfield Town

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Weymouth 40 82
2. Taunton Town 40 79
3. Salisbury 40 76
4. Metropolitan Police 40 74
5. Poole Town 40 66
6. Kings Langley 40 66
7. Hartley Wintney 40 59

Team sponsor


Club sponsor