The RFU Level 3 Coaching Award is a course which takes four days to complete, It also involves a season long programme of mentoring support, so you need to be actively coaching to enable you to complete the course.
Dan completed a competency based course and was assessed through observation of his coaching, small group work, eLearning, video evidence and the maintenance of an evidence portfolio.
During the course he was required to film his coaching as part of the self reflection and action planning process.
Dan had previously completed to ensure he was qualified for the level 3 programme:
- Completed RFU level 2 coaching qualification (or UKCC equivalent)
- Actively coaching for the 2019/20 season (you will be assessed coaching your own players)
- Completed RFU Headcase online concussion awareness within the last 12 months
- Attended one of the following CPD courses in the previous 12 months:
- Principles of Attack
- Principles of Defence
- ERRFSU Teachers Days 2018
Congratulations Dan on this fantastic achievement!