Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official MyFootballclub app


MyFootballclub - Match centre

Slough Town
Truro City
Tue 11 Dec 19:45 - The Vanarama National League - Vanarama National League South Full time Attendance 416

Match Report - Truro City (Home - League)


Rebels suffer unexpected defeat

1 - 0 (4m, James Dobson); 1 - 1 (27m, Dan Rooney); 1 - 2 (45m, Dan Rooney);

The Teams:
SLOUGH TOWN: Jack Turner (GK), Josh Jackman (83m, Mark Nisbet), George Wells, Sam Togwell (C), Guy Hollis, Lee Togwell (67m, Scott Davies), James Dobson, Simon Dunn, Ben Harris (yellow), Manny Williams (67m, Perry Coles), Warren Harris
Unused substitutes: Sean Fraser, Louie Soares

TRURO CITY: Harvey Rivers (GK), Niall Thompson, Connor Riley-Lowe, Dan Rooney, Nick Grimes, Jamie Richards (C), Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist (Jordan Bentley), Noah Keats (Austin Booth), Tyler Harvey, Jared Lewington, River Allen
Substitutes: Jon-Paul Pittman, Paul Bignot, Billy Palfrey

STFC match report written by Will Tuck:

An extremely frustrating night for the Rebels ended in defeat, despite the home side having the majority of the chances.
Perry Coles was brought in for this match to help boost the Slough attack as Chris Flood was absent due to his back injury picked up in the warm-up at Dartford.
It was a perfect start to the game for Slough, with James Dobson scoring inside four minutes. Warren and Ben Harris both hassled the Truro defence with the latter coming away with the ball on the edge of the box. Turning inside, Ben Harris was able to pick his head up and find Dobson for an easy tap in from three yards out.
Slough continued the early pressure in search of a second, but the ball would not quite fall kindly for Ben Harris or Manny Williams. The Truro defenders were able to just about get close enough to the two strikers to put them off at the crucial moments.
Dobson came close on two occasions when attempting to cross the ball. The first chance forced keeper Harvey Rivers to quickly back-pedal and claim the ball, and the second saw the ball spin off the crossbar and out of play.
Truro did finally get a chance in the 20th minute on a counter attack, finding the back of the net before being brought back for offside.
However on 27 minutes Truro got their goal. Another counter-attack saw Dan Rooney go past a few Slough defenders before slipping the ball low past Turner to draw the scores level.
A few minutes later Slough nearly regained the lead, but Ben Harris saw his shot blocked in a crowded penalty area before Warren Harris chipped the ball towards the back post but a Truro defender did well to get back and turn the ball away from goal.
Ben Harris had yet another chance moments later but Rivers in the Truro goal got a strong hand to block the shot.
Williams chased down what looked like a lost cause and managed to win the ball from a defender who had tried to shepherd the ball out of play. Williams laid off the ball to the oncoming Dobson but the winger had to stretch for the ball slightly and as a result the ball went over the bar.
Five minutes before half time Dobson saw a free kick well saved by Rivers, who had a fine game, with the rebound somehow evading all Slough players.
Right on the stroke of half time Truro took the lead against the run of play. The ball came out to Rooney about 25 yards out, and he hit it first time with whip to bring it around the defenders and back on target, just sneaking inside the post.
Half time arrived with Slough having been the better side, but once again regretting missed chances.
Truro started the second half strongly, clearly having been told to go in search of a third goal.
However, despite the Cornish visitors having much of the ball, it was George Wells and James Dobson who would have the first efforts on target of the first half, but Rivers made reasonably comfortable saves.
After a good spell of Truro pressure, Slough got control of the game once again with Warren Harris being the next Rebels player to test Rivers before a succession of Slough corners.
On 67 minutes Slough made a double change with Williams and Lee Togwell being replaced by Perry Coles and Scott Davies as the home side looked to change the course of the game.
Soon after, a flashpoint arose after Davies appeared to have been elbowed in the face by Jamie Richards in an off the ball incident, which was missed by referee Wayne Cartmel. Richards and Ben Harris then engaged in a shoving contest, all of which resulted in a yellow card for each side.
Slough were frustrated further as a number of Cartmel’s decisions went against them, including a claim for handball by a Truro player after Sam Togwell had headed a Dobson corner goalwards.
Looking for a late goal, Slough decided to take off Josh Jackman and bring on Mark Nisbet who played up front hoping to add an aerial presence.
But Slough were unable to register another meaningful effort on target - Warren Harris and Simon Dunn came closest but their shots were blocked by defenders, and Truro counter-attacked to good effect, running the clock down wherever possible

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Vanarama National League South results

Billericay Town


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
9. Dartford 41 64
10. Wealdstone 41 63
11. Slough Town 41 62
12. Chippenham Town 41 55
13. Oxford City 41 53
14. Hampton & Richmond Borough 41 49
15. Dulwich Hamlet 41 48