The Men’s Team is open to new players. If you are interested, please check out the New Player section of the website.
We are a Division III team under the Capital Geographic Union, a part of the Mid-Atlantic Conference, itself a part of USA Rugby. We draw players from Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson, York County, Williamsburg, and even further out in the Tidewater area.
The purpose of the Newport News Rugby Football Club is to:
- Teach and improve rugby skills in the Hampton Roads area.
- Promote team spirit through competitive games with other men’s rugby clubs.
- Provide athletic conditioning as well as channeling the players' aggression in a sportsman-like manner on and off the field.
- Recognize and promote the local and national growth and awareness of rugby.
- Provide a family atmosphere outside of the home.
Fall training starts August 8! Practices are 7:00 pm at Crittenden Middle School. Warmups usually begin 10-15 minutes before practice, so get there early!
After Thursday practices, we head out to Hilton Tavern. This is a great time to get to know your fellow team mates even if you are too young for a drink.