Junior club rules
Novocastrians Rugby Football Club Limited is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Colin Chater, Director of Youth Rugby.
As a member of Novocastrians Rugby Football club Limited you are expected to abide by the following junior club rules:
• All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
• All members must respect opponents.
• Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
• Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach.
• Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
• Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
• Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Code of conduct for club officials and volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All volunteers must:
• Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play)
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club
• Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
• Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances