For all of our Club Policies and Procedures we have aligned them with the 7 Pillars of the England Hockey Club Strategy. This link into Good Practice as identified within the ClubsFirst accreditation.
ClubsFirst - Leadership.
The club has a transparent constitution with a dissolution clause and clear purpose in line with England Hockey recommendations (for example constitution document, website link to constitution etc)
- A Copy of the Club's Constitution can be found by reviewing the attached document below "Club Constitution and Rules"
Safe Environment to Play
The club has adopted England Hockey Safeguarding Young People Policy and Procedures, Equality Policy and Code of Ethics and Behaviour (Respect). (for example website link, club notice board picture, sign agreement, minutes of adoption etc)
- The club has adopted the England Hockey standards and has a Club Welfare Officer; all details around the Club's Welfare processes can be found by visiting the Club's Welfare Page.
The club has an inclusive, accessible, clear and varied membership offer and evidence of who the clubs members and volunteers are. (for example membership form, website link etc)
- The Club offers various Standard Membership options, all of which can be found by reviewing "Membership Form 2016-17 (PDF)" document below. We are also happy to discuss more flexible playing arrangements as well.
- Refer to the Club Development Plan ("Latest 5 Year Development Plan") to see the plans that the club has for meeting the needs of the local community's demographic and what the relevant recruitment policy is. You can also see the various options for all players in the document "Playing Opportunities Framework"
- The club offers a range of opportunities for Adults, including both introductory programmes and regular training. These can be viewed by reading the "Adult Opportunities Framework" document below.
- Club Members can be seen by viewing the Membership List here
The club delivers sessions in a safe environment that complies with legal requirements. (for example completed paperwork – site and session assessments, etc)
- The club has adopted the England Hockey standards around Safeguarding and providing a Safe Environment in which to play hockey. All of this information can be found on the Club Safeguarding and Welfare policy page.
The club has an appropriate level of insurance (for example insurance document, certificate, letter, etc)
- OSHC holds Public Liability Insurance for all of its activities with the England Hockey official supplier Perkins Slade. A number of the Coaches also hold their own private Insurance as well.
The club is affiliated to England Hockey
- The Club is affiliated to England Hockey, and its affiliation number is 1382
- The club is a member of the Midlands Region Hockey Association (MRHA); with the men playing league hockey in the MRHA Men's League, and the Ladies in the Warwickshire Women's Hockey League.
The club committee is structured based on the requirements, skills and diversity of the club. At last 3 members are unrelated or non-cohabiting and conflicts of interests are recognised & managed by the chair and recorded.
The club is governed by a committee who face regular election, following which they meet regularly, with decision making recorded and communicated to members.
You can view the current Executive Committee here
The club has a specific bank account with two independent signatories or suitable online banking requirements. Accounts are independently reviewed annually and made available to members.
- The Club Accounts are maintained by the Club Treasurer (details can be found by clicking here)
- The Accounts are reviewed at the Monthly Committee Meetings and presented to the Membership at the AGM (held in September). Minutes of which can be found here.