The Old Williamsonian Rugby Club, or Old Willies as they are commonly known, was founded in 1930. The Old Willies are a section of the Old Williamsonian Club who are the old boys club for ex pupils of Rochester Math School.
The club re-formed in 1978, and had the basis of the A level students who were leaving that year. In those days only really clever people went straight to university, so there were quite a few of us to choose from. Andy Campbell was the driving force to get it underway. There was no club house and local pubs in Rochester were used for post match entertainment - Crown , Coopers Arms. In those days the team was noted for playing attractive, attacking rugby with talented backs.
OWRFC are one of the most friendly rugby teams in the Medway/Kent region. The club, whose training and matchday facilities are based in the impressive sports complex within the Rochester Mathematical School, are a young, ambitious outfit who welcome new players, regardless of their ability.