We are hosting an Open Day at the Menace Arena from 1pm on Saturday 29 June. This is an opportunity to hear about development plans for your local club for the coming season and beyond, and how you can get involved. Bryan Hall (Co-Chair and Founder), Mary Phillip (Head Coach and former England international) and other volunteers will be in attendance to answer your questions. Refreshments will be available, as well as a cash bar. A training session of some of the club's teams will take place during the afternoon, which you are welcome to watch.
Youth football and community work for disadvantaged young people is at the core of our values at Peckham Town FC. We currently run nineteen youth teams and our Founder and Co-Chair, Bryan Hall, has worked with around 20,000 youngsters over many years through running inter-estate football leagues. We would be happy to tell you more about the fantastic benefits this has achieved for young people in the local area.
We are open to discussing any issues that pertain to the club at our Open Day. We are keen to encourage more local people to join and support our plans for growth, and the benefits that this will bring to the community. Indeed, we are particularly looking for support on the following areas:
· Community outreach - we want to work closely with local businesses, charities, schools and other groups to support our common aims. This can be as simple as ensuring that the local community are aware of fixtures of our men and women's first teams and promoting opportunities to join our younger teams.
· Commercial - we are very fortunate to have a generous main sponsor from Peckham McDonald, as well as several other local businesses. We recognise the value of expanding this to offer opportunities for sponsorship for other local businesses. We are looking for an individual to build long-term relationships with other potential partners in the area.
· Website designer and manager - we are keen for a new website! We are looking for someone who can design a new independent website, and manage the site and content.
· Matchday programme editor - we have produced programmes on an ad hoc basis over the last few seasons. We are going to start publishing a regular programme from next season, and are looking for someone who can coordinate material, edit, arrange for printing. This role could suit more than one person.
· Turnstile operator - we don't (yet) have an actual turnstile, but we are looking for someone to welcome supporters to the game at the entrance gate and take the small entrance fee for men's first team games, and to sell the programme.
· Ad hoc financial and legal advice - as we seek to continue to develop the Menace Arena in 19/20, then we expect that additional financial and legal advice will be required. If you are able to volunteer professional skills in this area, then we would be very grateful.
Our men's first team are currently at the 7th level of non-league football (Kent County League Premier Division), but unfortunately have been denied promotion on five occasions over the years due to not having floodlights and other issues regarding the ground. We are putting plans in place to address this over the coming season to hopefully enable promotion by the end of the 19/20 season. The women's team has had a season of consolidation following promotion in 17/18, and improved facilities will benefit them greatly as well. We hope to continue to increase crowds next season to see a promotion push for both our women's and men's team. Details on entrance price and season tickets for our men’s first team can be found here. Entrance for all other games; including our women’s team, reserves, new academy and youth teams are free.