Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Rainworth MWFC app


1st Team - Match centre

Rainworth MWFC
Heanor Town (FAV)
A Moxam (76')
Full time
Sat 10 Sep 15:00 - Cup Attendance 85

I Missed Father Christmas’s Name on the Team Sheet

I didn’t realise Father Christmas was on the team sheet, until I witnessed the number of gifts on show from Rainworth.

Both sides went into today’s FA Vase game having had indifferent starts to the season, but it was Heanor Town that emerged victorious.

Heanor Town had the better of the early exchanges and Rainworth were lucky in the 5th minute when Nathan Benger headed wide when well placed.

Rainworth were not so lucky in the 8th minute when after a good passage of Heanor Town play, Joe Shaw set up Kieran Debrouwer and he finished well to give them the lead.

It was Rainworth in the 12th minute when Aaron Moxam’s effort was deflected by Joe McCormack for a corner. From the resultant corner Matt Sykes’s effort was just over.

They almost equalised two minutes later when an excellent Danny Claridge cross was just too strong for Brad Holmes with the goal beckoning.

Rainworth were grateful to Ben Townsend on 18 minutes when he turned Nathan Benger’s effort round the post.

There was a heart in the mouth moment on 21 minutes when Dominic Wilkinsons’s effort almost slipped through Townsend’s hands.

The first Christmas gift from Rainworth to Kieran Debrouwer was luckily for them hit well over the bar.

A minute later and only a brilliant last ditch tackle by Nick Hall prevented Moxam converting Declan Brewin’s telling cross.

On 36 minutes Rainworth thought they had equalised when from Claridge free-kick Sykes had the ball in the net only for it be ruled offside.

Rainworth rode their luck in the 38th minute when the ball evaded three defenders before Elliott Reeves put his effort high over the ball.

A moment of controversy in the 40th minute as Brewin chased an excellent through ball and he appeared to be pushed in the penalty area and the ball was cleared. The referee was unmoved and gave nothing despite the vociferous protests by the Rainworth players.
Minutes later and Phil Buxton’s free-kick was punched out for a corner.

Rainworth went further behind on 44 minutes when a Heanor shot deflected off a Rainworth player to Reeves in an offside position and he wasted no time in doubling the score. Despite Rainworth’s protestations the referee deemed the ball had been played at by a Rainworth player hence playing the Heanor player onside.

Heanor had another chance just on half-time, but Benger’s effort was easily held by Townsend.

Rainworth had the ball in the net on 51 minutes and once again it was Sykes and once again it was disallowed for offside.

Any chance Rainworth had of rescuing the game went when on 54 minutes they gifted Kieran Debrouwer the ball and he made no mistake.

A quick Rainworth break sees Sykes’s cross intercepted by Keenan Layton straight into the arms of Joe McCormack with Moxam closing in.

Rainworth were struggling for any fluency and were starting to make errors at the back.

Another gift by Rainworth and they were lucky to see Debrouwer’s effort clip the top of the crossbar.

Rainworth almost pulled a goal back from Brewin’s corner but Booker’s header went just over.

Heanor still pressed and Townsend saved Scott Staniland’s effort and Matt Harris put his effort well over.

Rainworth did pull a goal back on 76 minutes when a good Brewin break and cros was hit home by Moxam.

Debrouwer almost completed his hat-trick only for him to see Townsend turn his goal bound effort at full stretch round the post for a corner.

Rainworth almost pulled a second back when on 84 minutes Brewin’s effort from outside the area flashed inches wide of the far post with McCormack a mere spectator.

A minute later and Brewin’s shot cum cross was deflected for a corner with Moxam threatening. Sykes came close minutes later but his effort was just over.

In the dying seconds Debrouwer showed his class beating a couple of defenders and placing his shot into the bottom corner for his hat-trick.

There was only time for the kick-off as the referee blew the whistle to bring to an end yet another poor showing in the FA Vase by Rainworth.

RAINWORTH MWFC: Townsend; Ludlam; Claridge; Hutchinson; Cheeseman; Booker; Holmes; Buxton; Moxam; Brewin; Matt Sykes. Subs (not used): Wankiewiscz; Clarke; Widdowson.

Referee: Mr. James Fox.

Attendance 85.

The FA Respect: We Only Do Positive

Key moments

Goal Aaron Moxam scores for Rainworth MWFC


View 0 new events
79:00 Yellow Card
Joe Cheeseman is yellow carded for Rainworth MWFC
76:00 Assist
Declan Brewin makes an assist for Rainworth MWFC
76:00 Goal 1 - 0
Aaron Moxam scores for Rainworth MWFC
57:00 Yellow Card
Danny Claridge is yellow carded for Rainworth MWFC
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Rainworth MWFC
  • Heanor Town (FAV)
  • 0
  • Danny Claridge Yellow Card 57:00'
  • Aaron Moxam Goal 76:00'
  • Declan Brewin Assist 76:00'
  • Joe Cheeseman Yellow Card 79:00'

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors