Club Sponsor - Prestons Kitchens
 Main Sponsor - AV Motors
History 1 of 12

1. The story...


A short history of our club……
Shelley Football Club was established in 1903 and was originally located on Back Lane, opposite the village hall in Shelley. In the late 1950’s the club relocated to Westerly Lane in Shelley which heralded a period of success including a double in 1960/61 winning both Huddersfield & District Division 3 title and the Groom Cup. This success wasn’t maintained and the club folded in 1972.
In 1980 the club was reformed by Ash Berry, Paul Hirst and Steven Shephard and in 2000 moved to Skelmanthorpe Rec. The club slowly grew and with the support of the Leslie Sports Foundation and the Football Foundation, moved to Storthes Hall in 2011. Since that time the Club has enjoyed several promotions and currently play in the West Yorkshire Premier league. After several years of hard work, the Storthes Hall facility was formally opened by Sarah, Duchess of York in June 2015.
Honours
1904/05 Huddersfield & District Div 2 Section A Winners
1904/05 Championship Runners-up
1928/29 Huddersfield & District Division 2 winners
1960/61 Huddersfield & District Division 3 winners
1960/61 Groom Cup winners
1986/87 Huddersfield & District Division 3 winners
2000/01 Hudd & District Reserve Division 2 winners
2009/10 Huddersfield & District Division 4 winners
2009/10 Groom Cup winners
2010/11 Huddersfield & District Division 3 winners
2010/11 Groom Cup winners
2011/12 West Yorkshire League Division 2 winners
2012/13 West Yorkshire League Division 1 runners up
2013/14 Hudd & District Division 2 runners up (2nd Team)