BiographyName: Rhys Amos
Nickname: Ginge 2
Position: 6,9,10,12,13,14,15, - I play where I'm needed.
Marital Status: Single
Previous Clubs: Basingstoke Rfc, Club Hampshire, Farnborough Falcons, London South Bank University
1. Which team do you look forward to playing the most and why?
I enjoy playing teams who come to play good rugby. I hate it when 15 guys turn up for a boxing match... So boring!!
2. What is your personal aim this season?
To have a rig so large I could play in the front row.
3. Favourite moment at Slough RFC so far?
Slough Rfc Budapest tour 2017
4. Favourite band or musician?
Anything from Hospital Records Label
5. If you could attend any sporting event in the world, what would it be?
Anywhere on the international Sevens circuit where a beach is located nearby.
6. When and why did you start playing for Slough?
I happened to see Curtis Blanchard in the Gym I had recently started going to. He was wearing rugby shorts and I approached him and asked him where he plays rugby. He said he used to be Wheatley 3s top try scorer but he was struggling to get the ball over the line for Slough 2's. He said I should come because the craic was good and I immediately reduced his chances of being selected for wither squad even further. Poor Curtis.
7. When did you last score a try?
02/09/17 - preseason Vs Drifters Rfc (converted it aswell)
8. Most embarrassing moment on a rugby field?
Got bounced by Sid Khan this preseason...
9. Who is your all-time favourite rugby player?
Jona Lomu. My hero. He picked me and my little brother up one in each arm when we were younger and took a photo with us, grew up with a signed poster of him on my bedroom. R.i.p Jona
10. If you could be another teammate for a week who would it be and why?
I would be Craig Fullicks because Katie deserves to be treated better. The woman is a saint.
11. Who is your funniest teammate?
Billy Youngs memes are pretty fresh.
12. What’s your signature dance move?
The faecal waltz.
13. What do you do when not playing rugby?
I study Occupational Therapy at University. I am the President of my university rugby club (have been for the past two years).
14. You’re stuck on a deserted Island, who would be the only person you want there with you and why?
A doggo/ pupperino because he would be able to sniff out the treasure
15. What teammate is most likely to avoid paying for a round when you are out?
16. What training drill do you dread the most?
I can't remember the last time we did a proper rugby drill. Alan just makes it up as he goes along.
I like training and I enjoy fitness.
17. Favourite sports wear?
Wife beater/ tank top of any kind
18. Favourite pre- match meal?
Protein Shake, Cashew nuts ad banana.
19. Who would play you in a film of your life?
20. How much do you bench?
100 for 1 #Rig
If you'd like to sponsor Rhys for the 2017/18 season, please get in touch!