After a long wait we finally have the green light to resume recreational cricket! Our first fixture of the season will be against Little Berkhamstead this Saturday 11th July, followed by a Sunday game against Old Fallopians.
The Committee are liaising with the The Walker Ground Trust to ensure that we are fully compliant with ECB guidelines in order to ensure safety of our members and guests. This remains our main priority.
However, we can only remain safe if everyone takes individual responsibility.
It is important to emphasise that cricket is the first recreational team game that the government has allowed to start during the current pandemic and we are therefore in a privileged position. Please, therefore read the attachments thoroughly and make sure that you are familiar with how the game will be run and what measures are necessary to keep you, your fellow club members and visitors safe.
Those of you playing in the coming weeks please take note of the following guidelines:
* Turn up to the ground ready to play in your whites - changing facilities will not be open.
* No saliva or sweat is to be used to shine the ball.
* Bring your own drinks, food and sanitizer. There will be no teas served.
* Captains are to sanitize the ball every 6 overs.
* When a wicket is taken, ball is to be left at the base of the stumps.