We are staging an event holding at SRFC over the bank holiday weekend in August, on Sunday the 25th. We will be staging the inaugural Southport Rugby Club Triathalon (or the Shane Cook Cup if he agrees to it). Here's some initial details:
- The competition will be open to any current or previous SRFC player.
- There will be three categories. Senior men's, Ladies, and Colts/ Junior Colts.
- Competitors will be split into teams of 3, ideally consisting of one player from the tight five, one from the back row/ centers, and one from the half backs/ back three.
- First evet will be a 3000m team row outside the clubhouse.
- Second event will be an individual cycle.
- Third event will be an individual run on a pre determined course.
- The times from the team row will be added to each individual team members cycle and running time to give an overall team time. The winning team will be the team to complete the course in the quickest cumulative team time.
- The winning team will receive their name on the Shane Cook Cup (hopefully), as well as some other prizes provided by sponsors, namely cash behind the bar.
- Competitors can treat the event as seriously as they wish. That being said, there will be a large emphasis placed upon the social aspect of the event afterwards, and we'll have the BBQ lit and the bar open.
UPDATE (23/07/19): Joe Mawdsley ‘’Got a preliminary running route and a preliminary cycling route in mind for the SRFC Triathlon on the 25th August. Just need to go test them out myself. A reminder that this event is there for any playing member to take part in. Some of us can approach it with the competition in mind, and there will be prizes for the winners (as well as the coveted title), but it is also there for people to take part in socially, or people who only want to be in competition with themselves. If you're unsure about whether you should take part, my advice is try it! You might suprise yourself, and remember the course is designed for everyone to be able to complete.’’
If you wish to partake or have any questions, please contact; Joe Mawdsley - 07595 424978
More information to follow shortly.