Stow-on-the-Wold & District RFC
(Including Mini & Junior Section)
Stow & District RFC Rules
1. The Club shall be called the ‘Stow-on-the-Wold and District Rugby Football Club’ and shall be affiliated to the Rugby Football Union.
2. Any person may become a member of the Club provided that the individual has completed an appropriate application form and that a minimum of forty-eight hours has elapsed between approval of the application and admission of the applicant to the privileges of membership.
3. The objective of the Club shall be to further the interests of Rugby Football in Stow-on-the-Wold and District and to support other sporting and social activities. The Club shall be a non-profit making organisation.
4. Control shall be vested in the Trustees and the General Management Committee of the Club. The Trustees shall be given ultimate responsibility for the financial commitments of the Club. If the Club is dissolved any assets will be given or transferred to a registered charity or to the Rugby Football Union.
5. The Officers forming the General Management Committee, who shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting, shall consist of the President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, Treasurer, Director of Rugby and the Chairmen of the following Sub-Committees - Facilities, Fund Raising & Sponsorship, Mini & Juniors, Social Events, Communications and Club Development. The Officers shall have the power to fill any vacancy which may occur between Annual General Meetings. The Officers shall have the power to co-opt no more than two members for a meeting of the General Management Committee who shall have the power to vote for that meeting only. Four Officers shall form a quorum. Sub-Committees shall have the power to co-opt members who shall have the power to vote only on their particular Committee.
6. Teams shall be selected by a Selection Committee comprising the Director of Rugby, the Head Coach or his deputy, the Team Secretary, and the Captain and Vice-Captain of each Team. This Committee shall have the power to co-opt.
7. The Annual General Meeting shall be held by 30th June of each year. An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called within 28 days following the receipt by the General Secretary of a written request signed by not less than 8 members stating the reason for such meeting. Members shall be given at least 14 days notice of the proposed agenda.
8. Membership classes shall be:
Life Member: £500 once only
Vice-President: £40 annually
Playing Member: £40 annually, plus match fees after every game. (£30 if paid before 1 September)
Social Member: £10.00 annually (Social membership allows for service at the bar, but does not permit attendance at AGM or voting rights).
Membership may be suspended by the Committee on non-payment of Subscription.
Players who sign a standing order payable on September 1st at the applicable rate will not be asked to increase that amount (should subscriptions rise) during that year. After week 8 of the season, any player who has played 5 games but not paid a subscription will not be eligible for selection until he has done so. A player who is claiming travelling expenses but has not paid a subscription will have his subscription deducted from his expenses.
Members of visiting teams and their officials competing in events against Club teams (and their supporters) shall on the day of such event, be permitted entry to the Club premises. Whilst on the premises they may purchase intoxicating liquor. The Committee reserves the right to refuse admission to any such visitor at their own absolute discretion.
9. On the misconduct of any member his membership may be terminated by the General Management Committee.
10. The Captain, or failing his presence, the Vice-Captain, shall have absolute control of the Team on the field and his decision shall be final respecting the duty of each and every member playing.
11. All members shall play in the Club colours which shall be black and white jerseys, black shorts and black and white stockings.
12. Any proposed change in the Rules of the Club shall be notified to the Hon. Secretary in writing at least 28 days before a General Meeting in order that all members may be informed of the proposed alterations and a majority of at least two-thirds of the members present shall be necessary for the proposition to be carried.
13. An audited statement of the Club’s finance shall be presented by the Hon. Treasurer at each Annual General Meeting.
14. The maximum number of consecutive years for tenure of the Presidency shall be three years.
15. Persons other than Club members may be admitted to the Club for private functions, and intoxicating liquor may be sold to persons attending the private functions, providing it is consumed on the premises. There shall be no more than 12 private functions on the Club premises in any one calendar year.
© Stow-on-the-Wold & District RFC 2005.