The current government and RFU advice is that there is no medical rationale to cancel sporting events at this time. Please see: https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/important-update-for-clubs--coronavirus-covid-19
We will continue to monitor the advice and update members accordingly.
The welfare of our players and members will remain our highest priority. In support of this, we request the following precautionary measures are followed:
1. Changing rooms will be closed and players are asked to arrive in playing clothing.
2. The players toilets will remain open
3. All players and coaches should wash their hands thoroughly before and after games
4. Teams must not use shared water bottles at any time, including during matches, please ensure players bring their own water bottles
5. Parents and players refrain from shaking hands/hugging. Despite this being against the traditional core values of rugby, this really will help prevent the risk of contagion
6. We ask that anyone showing symptoms; a high temperature and / or a continuous cough, refrain from visiting the club.
For more advice visit
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/This advice applies to all teams and any visiting teams.