Volunteer Role Descriptions 4 of 5
4. Junior Assistant Coach
In Return the Club will:
- Hold a current DBS check.
- To assist the age group head coach at training sessions and matches, supporting the learning and development of the players within the framework planned by the head coach.
- Depending on experience, and with the support of the head coach, to lead selected sections of training sessions, as well as on matchdays, eg warmup and pre-game preparation.
- To undertake training appropriate to the role e.g. child protection training and basic coaching (in-house or external).
- To be available for at least 90% of training and match days, and inform the Head coach in advance of any sessions that cannot be attended
- Provide and pay for training, support and mentoring.
- Provide free DBS check.
- Provide volunteers with club apparel.
- Provide guidance on coaching ethos, session plans and matchday management