Volunteer Role Descriptions 5 of 5
5. Junior Section Fixtures Secretary
In Return the Club will:
- Arrange, co-ordinate & follow-up all fixtures for junior teams.
- Creatively source potential new opposition, keep up to date on what teams rival clubs are running.
- Ensure an even mix of home & away, long & short trips.
- Attend Midlands Junior Development meetings where possible to build strong links with other clubs and gauge the status of potential opposition.
- Reduce risk of fixtures being cancelled (eg constant communication, 3-way games, neutral venues to reduce travel etc).
- Reinforce club ethos of playing games even if low numbers of players are available via amended rules and pitch size etc.
- Provide full list of clubs, teams and points of contact for arranging fixtures.
- Provide guidance on club ethos and preferred age-specific playing rules etc.
- Grant access to the website fixtures section and social media accounts.