CMFL MATCH REVIEW 2018/19 : #06

CMFL MATCH REVIEW 2018/19 : #06

By Keith Parnill
9 September 2018
Share via

All the afternoon's action in the Central Midlands. On a miserable afternoon there were plenty of goals on offer to brighten things up a little.

Pinxton registered their third win in the South Division, Nathan Benger doing the damage with four goals in a 6-1 win over Teversal Reserves.
...from CMFL Round Up.

In the Black Dragon Badges North division two teams hit the jackpot. AFC Bentley deepened the gloom at Dinnington Town, who conceded nine without reply. Zack King started the goal rush with two in the first 20 minutes, with Josh Street adding two more just before half time. King completed his hat trick on 51 minutes before Street followed suit three minutes later. Josh Bowkett made it seven with 74 played, Street adding his fourth a couple of minutes later. Paul Sherburn rounded off the scoring ten minutes from time.
Retford United also hit nine against an outplayed Newark Town side at Cannon Park. Jimmy Eyles got them off to a good start with goals on 4 and 11 minutes, Danny Abdulla getting number three in the 17th minute. Kieran Job pulled one back for Newark three minutes later as Newark rallied a little, before two more from Eyles and one for Brad Kilner in the latter stages of the half pt the result beyond doubt. Kilner got his second on the hour before Steve McDonnell scored on his debut. To their credit the visitors didn’t give up and Rikki Peterson hit one from 30 yards with 82 minutes played before Matty Moore scored Retford’s ninth five minutes from the end.
Retford pulled off a significant win, two Gaz Davies goals in the 24th and 49th minutes ended Collingham’s unbeaten record and put them up to third.
Staveley Reserves got their first win of the season, beating Renishaw Rangers 4-2 at Inkersall Road. Scorers for the Trojans were James Bytheway, Liam Vardy, Jake Gascoigne and Reece Clegg, Renishaw replying through Levi Richmond and an own goal.
Appleby Frodingham’s revival continued at Askern, James Bingham’s 81st minute goal deciding the match.

Pinxton registered their third win in the South Division, Nathan Benger doing the damage with four goals in a 6-1 win over Teversal Reserves. The sides were level at the break, Wayne Cooke’s opener for the hosts being equalised by Danny Barke. Benger came into his own in the second half, with a goal a minute after the restart before a quickfire hat trick in ten minutes midway through the half. Kurtis Bamford got number six in the closing stages.
Three second half goals saw Mickleover RBL to a convincing home win over Linby Colliery, with Jack Smedley, Daniel Minto and Jason North the matchwinners for the Legion. Holbrook St Michaels joined the top of the table group on 10 points following a 3-1 defeat of Swanwick. Ashley Hayes, Sam Williamson and Paul Fisher all found the net for Holbrook, Ian Milson getting one for the Swans.
A double from Jake A Wright secured the points for Underwood Villa against a ring-rusty Ashland Rovers, playing just their second match of the season.

In the Macron Store Stoke Division One North, Crowle Colts won the Isle of Axholme derby at Epworth Town Colts, goals from Tom Finnegan and Sam Shipman giving the visitors their fourth successive win and sending them to the top of the table.
Hucknall Town were 2-1 winners at Welbeck Lions, the winning goals coming from Montell Gatland and George Weatherall with Kieran Roberts getting one for the Lions.
Nottingham put seven past Retford United with Ricco Spencer and Buba Cessay both scoring twice, the others coming from Hermin Mahmood, Daniel Hasstrup and a Jack Walls penalty.
A goal in the 81st minute from Kenzie Tomlinson decided Shirebrook Rangers’ match with Harworth Colliery in favour of Harworth.

Sherwood Colliery beat Long Eaton United 4-3 at Debdale Park with Micky Taylor (2), Jake Batty and Tristan Burrell scoring for the Wood.
Bakewell Town were 4-1 winners over Chesterfield Town, Dean Spencer (2), Luke Taylor and James Hill with the goals, while a Toby Howard header on 20 minutes gave Wirksworth Town the points against a Heanor Town side which included four 16 year olds.

Phoenix made an early exit from the Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior Cup, going down 3-2 after extra time against Frecheville, Dan Briigs and Suhail Hussain with the Phoenix goals

Written by Richard Lane.

Share via