FA : Safeguarding - FA Safegurding for Committee MembersSenior Team : Kit Sponsor - Teversal Village Candle Company
Fri 16
Heanor Town Res
O Govan-Greenacre (29'), A Harris (83')
Teversal Reserves FC 2-0 Heanor Town Reserves

Teversal Reserves FC 2-0 Heanor Town Reserves

By Mitchell Wilson
Share via

Friday night football was on display at Carnarvon Street as Heanor Town Reserves were the visitors.

After both sides played out an entertaining 1-1 draw at the “Town Ground” only 10 days ago both sides came into this game hoping to take all 3 points, however this visitors would have been the favourites coming into this game on the back of 6 game unbeaten run.

The Teversal line up saw a couple of changes with Ryan Brooks returning between the sticks, Tom Bates, Luke Pickering, Scott Taylor and Blake Vincent making the back four, Joshua Radford & Aiden Harris holding midfield, an attacking midfield three of Lewis Weaver on the left, Sean Dickinson in the middle and Oscar Govan-Greenacre on the right with Toby Birch playing as the long striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

It was Teversal who started the livelier in an end to end game which could of saw Teversal opening the scoring early on with chances from Toby Birch, Lewis Weaver and Oscar Govan-Greenacre all forcing saves from the former Teversal Reserves custodian Daniel Hartshorn.

On the 29th minute the deadlock was broken as Josh Radford earned Teversal a free kick just in the Heanor half. Blake Vincent swung in an inch perfect cross which bounced just in front of Daniel Hartshorn who spilled straight into the path of the onrushing Oscar Govan-Greenacre who pounced on the loose ball and headed it into the net.

The remaining 15 minutes Teversal lost their composure on the ball which allowed to counter attack bringing some great saves from Ryan Brooks along with last ditch defending from the back four.

The referee blew for half time with the Tevie boys leading 1-0. Just as they did 10 days earlier, this time hopefully they could see the game out.

On the 55th minute Blake Vincent was replaced by Joe Toon at left back and started causing problems with some neat balls down the left hand side and linking well with Lewis Weaver.

It was then on around the 70th minute a tactical change was made when Jake Levers replaced Oscar Govan-Greenacre, pushing Lewis Weaver to play up front with Toby Birch playing a 4-1-3-2 with Jake Levers taking the left hand side of the 3.

Both teams returned from their retrospective team talks with something to prove, however after a few early scares it was Teversal who regained control of the game with some neat passing football which was starting to frustrate the Heanor Town players something which led to Heanor’s Captain Jake Davis being shown his second yellow for reacting needlessly and shoving Teversal’s Lewis Weaver leaving the referee with no other option.

With 15 minutes left Tom Bates couldn’t run anymore after another outstanding shift in the Right Back slot. Ashley Wilson came on to replace him and carried on the good work.

Aiden Harris was causing Heanor all sorts of problems however with last ditch tackles and saves from Daniel Hartshorn we could not score our second.

On the 83rd minute Aiden Harris picked the ball up just inside the Heanor half and glided past 2 Heanor lacklustre challenges and clinically slotted past the Heanor custodian and scored Teversal’s much welcomed second goal of the night.

The final 7 minutes saw no other real chances for either side and the referee blew the final whistle with a much needed win which took the Tevie boys up to 4th in the table.

Man Of The Match: Thomas Bates

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Fri 16, Jan 2015




Glenwood Printing: Reserve Supreme Division
Tom Bates

Star Player

Tom Bates