Thackley AFC require a Bar Manger to take on responsibility for the Club's Bar.
The job entails working flexible hours and varies from zero up to 25 hours per week.
Job Title: Bar Manager
Responsible for: Bar and Cleaning Staff
Responsible to: Management Committee
Basic Hours: Flexible
Hourly Rate: £9.00
Thackley AFC has an immediate vacancy for a part-time Bar Manager.
The successful applicant shall ideally have a minimum of two years Bar and Cellar experience, with Bar Supervisor experience preferred. They shall be a team player and strong team builder. They shall be reliable and responsible, and able to work under their own initiative, often in pressurised situations.
The working hours are flexible although it is essential for the manager to open and close the clubhouse.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Bar Manager will be responsible for:
• Opening and closing the club.
• Day to day running of the Bar.
• Supervising and training Bar Staff.
• Overseeing Cleaning Staff.
• Compiling Staff duty rotas to serve business needs.
• Providing an excellent level of customer service.
• Ensuring that all Bar Staff are well presented and welcoming.
• Managing bar requirements for functions.
• Regular stock taking.
• Requisitioning stock as required (with the authority of Club Treasurer) to keep the bar stocked, to meet business needs and deal with suppliers.
• Taking receipt of deliveries during daytime hours.
• Cleaning the bar and all equipment, and maintaining the bar in a clean and hygienic condition at all times.
• Serving drinks to members and guests.
• Cleaning and maintaining the bar and cellar area to a high standard, to include cleaning of all pipes.
• Handling cash and till receipts.
• COSHH awareness and work place risk assessments, and making Bar Staff aware of Health & Safety issues.
• Liaising with Management Committee as required.
• Helping out in any other areas as requested by the Management Committee, during quiet periods in the bar.
Person Specification - Qualities and Experience
• A minimum of two years’ Bar and Cellar experience, with Bar Supervisor experience preferred.
• Experience of working within a busy club environment.
• Team player and strong team builder.
• Reliable and responsible, and able to work under own initiative.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to supervise staff.
• Experience of handling cash and stock taking.
• Enthusiasm and flexibility.
• Good communication skills
• Willing and able to work flexible hours.
• Confident and professional personality.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety.
• Able to maintain high standards of hygiene.
• Maintaining consistently high standards of drinks and service and ensure that the bar is immaculate at all times.
• Ability to be an effective advocate and ambassador for Thackley AFC at all times.
How to Apply
To apply for this post, please forward your CV including the details of two referees (one of which should be your current or most recent employer) to:
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 21 March 2020