The name of the Club shall be THORNTON CLEVELEYS RUGBY UNION FOOTBALL CLUB and the address and ground shall be The Sports Centre, Victoria Rd East, Thornton.
The objects of the Club shall be the playing and the promotion of the interests of Rugby Union Football.
The club shall be in membership with the Rugby Football Union and the Lancashire County Rugby Football Union.
The Executive Committee shall appoint annually from members of the club a representative to:
(1) The Lancashire Rugby Football Union.
(2) Any other body to which a representative of the Club is required.
5. CLUB COLOURS
The club colours shall be red, black and amber.
6. CLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERS
(1) Playing Members.
Those persons who wish to make themselves available for selection.
(2) Full Members
Those persons who wish to support the club on a non playing basis.
(3) Social Members.
Those persons who wish to take part in the activities of the club as limited by Rule 11
(4) Life Members
Those persons being members of the club who have given valuable service to the club.
(5) Honorary Members
Those persons, not necessarily being members of the club, who have given valuable service to the club.
7. APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP.
The Membership Secretary shall be responsible for processing all applications for membership, except that Life Members and Honorary Members shall be elected after proposal at an Annual general Meeting.
The Executive Committee shall recommend the amount of the Annual Subscription for each class of membership, and approval will be by vote at the Annual General Meeting .
Life and Honorary Members shall not be required to pay any subscriptions and playing members who are at the commencement of the club year under the age of eighteen years, or who are receiving full time education or receiving benefits, will pay a reduced subscription.
All subscriptions are due on the 1st September of each year or on admission as a member to the club and any member whose subscription remains unpaid on the 30th November may be suspended by the Executive Committee from the privilege of the club until such time as the subscription is paid.
Where a memberÃ¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Â¬Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Â¢s subscription is unpaid for twelve months that member will be assumed to have ceased membership.
By payment of the subscription each member undertakes to abide by the rules of the Club.
9. REGISTER OF MEMBERS
The Hon Membership and Subscription Secretary shall be responsible for the maintenance of a Membership register.
10. PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
All members may attend General Meetings and may speak and vote at those meetings
Playing Members, Full Members and Life Members may apply for International Tickets where available.
11. CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
A member shall cease to be a member of the Club if he or she
(1) Resigns, such resignations must be received before the Annual General Meeting of that season.
(2) is suspended under rule 8
(3) is expelled for conduct, which, in the opinion of the Executive Committee is flagrantly prejudicial to the best interests of the club.
The President of the club shall be a distinguished member and shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting to hold office from year to year.
The President shall be charged with the maintenance of the best interest of the Club.
The President shall be entitled to attend and vote at all committee and sub-committee meetings of the Club.
13. OTHER OFFICERS
The Officers of the Club shall be: The Club Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Fixture Secretary, Honorary Team Secretary, Honorary Membership and Subscription Secretary, Captain of the 1st XV (Club Captain), vice captain of the 1st XV and the captain and vice captain of all the other teams.
14. ELECTION OF OFFICERS
The Officers shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting and each officer shall hold office for 1 year or until he resigns or be relieved of office by the Executive committee during that year.
In the event of any Officer resigning or losing office for any reason during his term of office the Executive Committee shall have the power to appoint his successor who will hold office until the next Annual General Meeting.
15. HONORARY AUDITOR
The club members shall elect annually at the Annual General Meeting an Hon Auditor who shall audit the Annual Statement of Accounts and Balance Sheet of the Club. A copy of these accounts shall be forwarded to the Lancashire RFU as required by their rules.
16. HONORARY SOLICITOR
The club may elect annually at the Annual General Meeting an Hon Solicitor to the club.
17. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
(1) The Executive Committee shall control the affairs and finances of the club, and shall consist of: the Club Chairman, the Hon Secretary, the Hon Treasurer, the Chairman of Rugby, the club Captain and five other voting members, who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
(2) The Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt.
(3) Five members of the Executive Committee shall constitute a quorum at an Executive Committee Meeting.
(4) The Chairman of the club shall take the chair at all meetings at which he is present and in his absence the Hon Secretary shall be in the chair.
(5) The Chairman shall have a casting vote.
The Executive Committee shall at the duly convened meeting after the Annual general meeting elect the following sub committees:
(1) Rugby Committee which shall consist of the Chairman of Rugby, the Club Captain and captains of all other teams, or in their absence the vice captains and no more than three other voting members.
(2) House Committee to liaise with the mangers of the Sports Centre
(3) Social Committee
(4) Ground and Equipment Committee
(5) Club Marketing Committee
The Chairman of each sub-committee shall be a member of the Executive Committee but members of the sub -committee may be drawn from the members of the Club.
The Chairman ot he Club shall be an ex-officio member of each sub-committee.
19. LADIES COMMITTEE
The lady club members may elect a Lady Chairman and a Ladies Committee.
Meetings and Rules
(1) The Annual General Meeting shall be held on such date as the Executive Committee shall decide. A minimum of 7 days notice shall be given of such meeting.
(2) A Special General Meeting may be requisitioned by the President, the Executive Committee or by any ten members by written notice to the Hon Secretary, stating the object for which the meeting is called, and such meeting shall be held within twenty one days of receiving such notice.
(3) At a General Meeting twenty members shall form a quorum.
(4) The Chairman of the Club shall take the chair at all General Meetings.
21. NOTICE OF MEETINGS
Notice of any General or Special Meetings shall be deemed served on all members if posted on the notice board in the club house and the Club web site for a period of 7 days before the meeting.
22. ALTERATION OF RULES
A majority of two thirds of those voting at a General Meeting is required to alter, rescind or make a rule. At least fourteen days notice shall be given to the Secretary to propose a motion to alter, rescind or add a rule at a General Meeting and such notice shall state the exact details of the proposed alteration, rescision or addition and be signed by the Proposer and Seconder of the Motion . All members shall receive notice of all proposals to alter the rules, at least seven days prior to the date of the General Meeting.
23. ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND OTHERS
Each member wishing to stand for election must agree in writing and be duly proposed and seconded by a club member. All nominations should have been received by the Secretary prior to the commencement of the General Meeting. Nominations from the floor may only be taken when there have been no prior nominations received. Election shall be by a simple majority of those voting and in the event of more than two nominees then a single transferable vote system shall apply.
24. COPIES OF THE RULES
A copy of the Rules shall be posted on the Club Web Site and any member shall be able to obtain a copy from the Secretary.