Sat 25
First Team
Bury Town
T Barton (18'), D Knight (30' Pen)
Dockers Up to 4th

Dockers Up to 4th

By Anthony Mercer
Share via

Tilbury 2 Bury Town 1 (Att 185) 

Tilbury's good run continue, with the Dockers seeing off another play off hopeful side Bury Town at a chilly Chadfields and see Tilbury replace Bury in 4th place. 

Manager Marc Harrison went in to the fixture, making two changes. Ryan Mallett made his first start in a while, replacing captain John Easterford and Tommy Barton returned to the midfield in place of injured Marlon Agyakwa.  

It was a fast and furious start from both sides, but was littered with fouls. The first chance of the game fell to Ola Ogunwamide who shot over from distance. 

The game picked up and all the goals came in a 12 minute period. 
The opener came on 18 when Ogunwamide found some space on the right and crossed to Tommy Barton who slotted home. Only 3 minutes later Bury were level. Ryan Jolland played a one to two and hit low into the net for a fine goal.. Brian Moses had a good opportunity on 27 when he rose to a David Knight corner, but could not direct his header into the net. Seconds later Chambers Shaw was denied by Harry Aldridge, before Oli Spooner broke into the box and a penalty was awarded for the block. David Knight made it 16 goals in 16 games in all competitions for the Dockers from the spot. 

Before the break, Knight was denied by Daniel Barden and then the dangerous Cemal Ramadan had a good chance, but hit wide. 

Straight after the break, Tilbury were indebted to keeper Harry Aldridge, who made a double save, to keep his side in front. Bury had a good period with substitute Lounes Foudil shooting just wide. Bury were dealt a blow on the hour when Jake Chambers Shaw fell awkwardly and had to be taken to hospital with a suspected collar fracture.  Tilbury grew into the game and dominated the latter parts of the game. Oli Spooner saw his bullet header well saved, before Brian Moses was brought down on the edge of the area. David Knight's effort struck the bar and Charlie Kendall followed up and saw Barden make a brilliant save. The resulting corner saw Lee Burns head over. 
In the final 5 minutes, Tilbury kept Bury back and both Brian Moses, side netting and David Knight's cross across the box, were the best chances the Dockers had. 

Deep in to injury time saw the introduction of Harry Doyle on his debut. 

The result see's Tilbury move up to 4th in the league. 

After the game, a delighted club captain John Easterford commented. "We saw a professional performance from the lads and exactly what we as a group have come to expect. This month has seen us beat Heybridge Swifts, Maldon and Tiptree and Bury Town. I would have thought Marc Harrison and his Assistant Liam Wallace will be in the running for Manager of the Month. We have a great squad and we are all pulling in the same direction, We all want to achieve the same thing. Everyone played their part in the match and we showed again why we are the form team in this league. There is heart, desire and fight in the team. 

The Dockers are in action on Tuesday when they make the short trip to Dagenham and Redbridge in the Essex Senior Cup quarter final, before a trip to Hullbridge Sports on Saturday.

 Team: Aldridge, Boswell, Burgess, Kendall, Mallett, Burns, Ogunwamide, Barton, Moses (Doyle 90), Spooner and Knight 

Subs Not Used: Easterford, Jones and Topley

Share via
Recent news

Match details

Match date

Sat 25, Jan 2020



Meet time





North Division

League position

Bury Town
Charlie Kendall

Star Player

Charlie Kendall