England Hockey has recently announced their shortlist of nominees for the England Hockey Awards 2018. Men’s First Team Coach Ben Dudley has been nominated for Coach of the year following several nominations.
Having been juggling chemotherapy sessions and spending time with his son Ruben Ben has been pivotal in the 1st Team’s successes this year. Not only showing up day in day out with his positive energy, but providing a high quality of coaching and commitment that has helped see a National League Promotion for the year coming.
The Criteria for the Coach of the year nomination was:
- Is an outstanding and inspiring role model
- Has demonstrated commitment to their own personal development through accessing formal and/or informal learning opportunities linked to the role they are delivering
- Are aware of and can provide evidence of embedding the GB Coaching Philosophy (Golden Thread/Change It/NDTs) within their coaching practice.
- Has a recognised England Hockey coaching qualification
- Can show improved performance based on their influence and are now creating learning environments that inspire more, better and happier players
- Has established a positive culture and dynamic within their coaching environment
- Have been actively coaching and demonstrating the above criteria for the duration of the season
- Has been active for the season at a England Hockey affiliated club and/or within the Player Pathway and/or as an England national age group coach
All of which Ben has Achieved going above and beyond what is expected of him. We cannot thank him enough, he is a true asset to the club.
We wish Ben the best of luck at the awards dinner on the 19th of May and would like to Congratulate him on a well deserved position on the short list.