Since the beginning of the lockdown phase, no cricket activity has been permitted and Uddingston Cricket and Sports Club and all cricket facilities has remained closed.
As part of Phase 3 return, cricketing activity has been permitted and extended to training and inter-club matches as well as a return to junior cricket activity. These key requirements are as agreed by The Scottish Government, Sportscotland and Cricket Scotland and are supplemented by additional guidance and measures applied within the club for the safety and welfare of all players and members.
In order to ensure government guidance in respect of Covid-19 is followed and we are able to assure members it is safe and appropriate for cricket activity to commence we ask all players and members intending visiting the club for cricketing activity within phase two to ensure they are fully aware of this guidance and follow this at all times.
Cricket Scotland Key Requirements
- 1. You can take part in outdoor activity in groups as per Sportscotland, Cricket Scotland and Government guidance. This now includes inter-club matches, training as per guidance and junior cricket activity.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
- Nets should be used on an ‘every other’ basis, leaving one net free between nets. A similar approach should be taken to distancing groups on the outfield.
- Clubhouses and indoor facilities should remain closed which includes, locker rooms, storage and activity areas
- Only local members should attend the club.
- We recommend using your own equipment if possible
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible or use sanitiser station around BCP when entering or leaving a specific area or at agreed breaks in activity.
Club Key Requirements
- Do not attempt to attend the club should you have any symptoms of Covid-19, should you experience any symptoms having previously attended the club, escalate to an office bearer ASAP.
- Ensure that social distancing is maintained at all times- social distancing guidelines are in place within BCP
- Upon arrival at BCP sanitise your hands
- Upon completion of each phase of activity sanitise your hands- there are sanitiser stations at key locations within BCP but each participant should bring their own and carry this at all times when on the pitch or in nets
- The club/bar is open to members, changing rooms remain closed please arrive in appropriate training gear
- Bring your own water/water bottle- do not share!
- Use your own kit where possible- no club kit will be available and do not share with others unless they are within the same household
- Club equipment such as balls, stumps, cones, junior cricket equipement etc. are under the control of designated coaches and when using nets will be issues per session to avoid cross contamination. Sanitise your hands should you come into direct contact with equipment being used by another or common equipment.
- Organised sessions will be determined in advance, however members are able to use net facilities via the WhatsApp booking group. All Cricket Scotland and Government guidance must be followed when doing so and those who have booked will take precedence.
- Everyone using our facilities and participating in organised sessions must be a club member- the deadline for completing membership will be 31st July. Junior membership for the remainder of 2020 is free- juniors must register however to ensure track and trace and safe in care is complied with.
In line with Scottish Government guidance, a risk assessment has been completed on the pitch, and it can be found here: