Welcome to the new season at Walcot RFC
Important information you need to know about the new season for all Youth players & parents.
- The Season starts on Sunday 2nd September 2018 at 10:00AM
- For the Minis (U7 to U12), the first 4 weeks will be training at Walcot
- Membership has increased by £5 over last season. Family membership costs £80, and covers all children in a family.
- Membership registration and payments are all online this season.
- Everything is online as we have to now comply with the new GDPR data protection legislation.
- This season you will select and pay for your membership. You will need to select a youth membership (adult) for just one adult in the family, and then select a youth membership (player) for each child. The adult membership is £80 and the child memberships are £0.
- We will capture Gift aid donations differently to last year – you choose a membership option for the adult in the family either with or without Gift Aid – it’s the same price for both.
- If you were a member last season, you will receive an email with full details - including relevant links – for how to rejoin the club. This will be coming out in the last 2 weeks of August.
- You will need to fill out an online form to confirm media consent and to capture any medical details for your child.
- You will then proceed to the RFU site to confirm parent and player details, and then select and pay for your membership.
- New members need to go to the RFU site first to register themselves with the club. Use this "Create Account" link
- You then go to the online form to capture media consent and provide any player medical information. Use this link
- You then return to the RFU GMS site to pay for your membership, using this link
- Details for all three of these steps are contained in the attached “Walcot RFC New Youth Members Guide v2”.
- NOTE FOR MEMBERS OF OTHER CLUBS MOVING TO WALCOT You will need to email the membership administrator with the following details so we can process you through the first step.
- Parent name
- Parent Address & Postcode
- Parent Date of Birth
- Parent email
- Parent mobile
- Child name
- Child Date of Birth
- Child School
Kit & Clothing
- To provide maximum convenience and flexibility, all clothing is available from JMS Rugby.
- Playing shirts are available now to try on and purchase in store. Sizes up to 34/36” chest cost £30 and 36/38” upwards cost £40.
- Socks are available for around £6 a pair (Stanno: black with 3 white rings at the top)
- Walcot members can purchase any black Canterbury clothing (shorts, tracksuit bottoms, contact tops, training tops etc.) and have a Walcot logo embroidered for free. This allows you to choose the item you want, and have the club crest added.
- We will have 4 pitches marked out next door on Lansdown North.
- U7 and U8 will train and play in the main Walcot grounds.
- Other age groups will either be on the two main pitches or on Lansdown North. You will be advised where you will be training/playing during each week.
- There is a pitch layout map on the back of the main stand.
- You can see the fixtures for your age groups at the link here
- (Minis = U17 to U12 inclusive)
- This will be the most accurate version of fixtures all season
Any questions, please direct them at your age group coaches/team admins in the first instance.