WALSALL RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES, CLUB OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
Walsall RFC expects all coaches, club officials and volunteers to act in accordance with the good ethical conduct and practice as summarised below:
• Consider the wellbeing and safety of players before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with players, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play).
• Recognise that many officials and referees are volunteers, who devote considerable time to enhancing the enjoyment of rugby union for all – value them and treat them with respect
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
• Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over players to obtain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances including alcohol to under age players
• Encourage players to value their performances and not just results.
• Encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.