West Bowling were formed in 1950 by a group of rugby league enthusiasts, joining the Bradford and District A.R.L. in the 1951-52 season. In the 1953-54 season, the club moved to 'The Hare and Hounds' Bankfoot, and played their games on Odsal Recreation Ground. In the 1997-98 season, the club moved to its current headquaters at Bankfoot Cricket Club.
In 1999 the club achieved its goal of many years by gaining admittance to the National Conference League.