Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Westfield FC app


First Team - Match centre

Hanwell Town
G Frith (14')
Full time
Sat 30 Mar 15:00 - The Bostik Football League - South Central Division Attendance 76

Westfield 1 Hanwell Town 1


Westfield 1 Hanwell Town 1

Courtesy and Copyright Clive Cook at Hanwell Town FC website
A point away from home against a team in the play-off zone is normally highly acceptable, but on Saturday Town came away a little disappointed, believing they could have, and perhaps should have, come away with three! Recent wind and bright sunshine had combined to make the good-looking playing surface somewhat firm and both sides found close control difficult. Town, however, put together a sparkling move after seven minutes involving Dan Julienne, Louis Bircham and Gareth Chendlik but there was no end result. Five minutes later the home side went ahead. Former ‘Geordie’ Anis Nuur’s cross from the left reached the far post from whence George Frith dispatched the ball into the far corner.
The setback engendered a good response from Town with Louis looking a particular threat down the Hanwell left flank. He forced a good catch from ‘keeper Gary Ross after beating his man and sending over an appetising cross. He then combined well with Gareth but once again his cross found no takers. During this period the Westfield ‘keeper twice barged into Louis’ back on the bye-line in the area, but the officials were not interested. After another ball into the box from Louis’ free kick had been missed by all, it was not a surprise when the equalizer came from a similar dead ball situation. This time it was met by the head of skipper Olly Duffy, but bounced back off the bar. Gareth sent the rebound goal-wards but it was cleared off the line. Olly was the first to react and headed the ball firmly into the goal. Thirty-seven minutes played and all square! Town were on top for the remainder of the half and yet another dangerous cross from Louis threatened a goal, but a defender managed to head it over for a corner. Then came the most controversial moment of the game when Dwayne Duncan’s header from a corner seemed to be handled on the line. Nothing was given, to the consternation of the Hanwell players, supporters and management alike.
The home side started the second half on the offensive and, three minutes in, Aaron Watson went close from just outside the area. Hanwell withstood the early pressure well however, the back four, with Dwayne and Andy O’Brien to the fore, preventing any goal chances being created from all the home side’s possession with a series of interceptions and headed clearances. In fact it was Town who went the closest to a goal. A quick free kick by Olly put Louis through on the left. He connected perfectly with the bouncing ball but it rebounded off the bar with the ‘keeper well beaten. Westfield continued to have the greater amount of possession and territorial advantage but continued to be denied any goal attempts by the Town midfield and back four.
In an attempt to break the deadlock the Hanwell management sent on all three substitutes as the half progressed. This resulted in a more attacking formation and Town looked the more likely team to score in the final twenty minutes. Earlier Jerry Maja was just beaten to the ball after a Gareth flick-on. Then a good run and low cross by Kieron Cathline was hacked away, after which Harvey Killeen won the ball to set up Jerry on the edge of the area. The striker executed a sharp turn but his shot was saved by Ross. Khris Oti, who had come on for Gareth, went close from a difficult angle after Harvey, once again, had created the chance. With five minutes to go the dangerous Watson, who had been kept in check well by Will Wambeek, finally made enough space to put over a threatening cross for Westfield, but Kieron managed to get to the ball ahead of any home players, to clear the ball for a corner. The last noteworthy act of the period came with three minutes to go. A good move, involving Harvey and Khris set up Louis but the Town dead ball specialist blazed the bouncing ball over the top and the scores remained level.
Last Saturday Molesey travelled back to Surrey feeling that they had deserved a point at ‘The Powerday’. This week Hanwell travelled in the reverse direction, feeling that they might have come away with less points than their performance deserved.

Key moments

Goal George Frith scores for Westfield


View 0 new events
90:00 Yellow Card
Dale Burnham is yellow carded for Westfield
80:00 Sub On
Graeme Purdy is substituted on for Westfield
80:00 Sub Off
Elijah Simpson is substituted off for Westfield
65:00 Sub On
Tinashe Nkoma is substituted on for Westfield
65:00 Sub Off
Anis Nuur is substituted off for Westfield
46:00 Sub On
Dylan Cascoe is substituted on for Westfield
46:00 Sub Off
Jack Dean is substituted off for Westfield
End of period 1
41:00 Yellow Card
Harry Carter is yellow carded for Westfield
14:00 Goal 1 - 0
George Frith scores for Westfield
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Westfield
  • Hanwell Town
  • 0
  • George Frith Goal 14:00'
  • Harry Carter Yellow Card 41:00'
  • Dylan Cascoe Sub On 46:00'
  • Jack Dean Sub Off 46:00'
  • Tinashe Nkoma Sub On 65:00'
  • Anis Nuur Sub Off 65:00'
  • Graeme Purdy Sub On 80:00'
  • Elijah Simpson Sub Off 80:00'
  • Dale Burnham Yellow Card 90:00'

Video Advertising

Team selection

Ross, Gary Ross, Gary
Dean, Jack Dean, Jack
Mngadi, Julius Mngadi, Julius
Frith, George Frith, George
Haydon, Gregory Haydon, Gregory
Burnham, Dale Burnham, Dale
Nuur, Anis Nuur, Anis
Ujkaj, Arsen Ujkaj, Arsen
Watson, Aaron Watson, Aaron
Carter, Harry Carter, Harry
Simpson, Elijah Simpson, Elijah

League round up

Other South Central Division results

Ashford Town (Middx)
FC Romania
Hayes & Yeading United
Bracknell Town
Tooting & Mitcham United
Chalfont St Peter


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Hayes & Yeading United 38 93
2. Bracknell Town 38 77
3. Cheshunt 38 76
4. Marlow 38 73
5. Westfield 38 70
6. Tooting & Mitcham United 38 65
7. Ware 38 63

Team sponsors


Club sponsors