Weybridge Vandals RFC Mini & Junior Section
Safeguarding Policy Statement
Weybridge Vandals RFC believes that taking part in our sport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children’s lives. We want to make sure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the Club’s coaches, helpers and other volunteers.
To achieve this we will:
1. require all Coaches to attend RFU approved courses for coaching as soon as practically possible;
2. ensure that all managers, coaches, helpers and physios are DBS checked if they are to be in regular contact with children under the age of 18 years of age.
3. ensure that a member of each age group has completed a protecting young people course.
4. encourage and help coaches stay up-to-date with rugby coaching and child protection issues;
5. abide by the RFU’s “Policy and Procedures for the Welfare of Young People in Rugby Union” and ensure that coaches have access to a copy;
6. provide Codes of Conduct to all Coaches, Club Officials, other Volunteers, Parents and Young Players;
7. provide written procedures for First Aid and emergencies;
8. appoint a “Safeguarding Officer” whose role is to be responsible for issues concerning child welfare;
9. provide coaches and parents/carers with a written procedure for addressing poor practice in child welfare, including accusations or suspicions of child abuse;
10. carry out regular risk assessments to ensure the safety of children;
11. promote “fair play” among players and spectators, through the Club’s Code of Conduct for and always play within the spirit of the laws of the Game.