Having listened to feedback from members the rugby committee has decided that the time is right to change the way international tickets are distributed within the club. The same system for applying for tickets by sending a cheque with a self-addressed envelope to Andy Williams has been in place for many years. Andy has done a great job managing this process for the club but the club only qualifies for a limited number of tickets for England games at Twickenham and the demand for these tickets within our membership always significantly exceeds our allocation.
The rugby committee are determined to make the distribution of our limited ticket allocation as fair, open and transparent as possible so we have decided that moving forward we will hold hold two “international Ticket draw events” each year for club members wishing to purchase tickets for the Autumn internationals and Six nations games played at Twickenham. All club members and guests will be welcome to attend these “ticket draw events” but only paying members will be eligible to take part in the ticket draw. (Rules below)
The format of the night will be as follows:
5.00pm: Bar open from for end of a hard week drinks with your friends.
7.30pm: Welcome from club president Kev Keaney.
Two course curry courtesy of club sponsor Zaal
Prize draw where the winner can win £75 CASH along with other prizes.
9.00pm: Relocate to the bar where a draw will take place for pairs of tickets:
England v Australia - 13th November KO 5.30pm
England v South Africa - 20th November KO 3.15pm
To book your place at the meal please email InternationalTickets@weybridgevandals.co.uk
On receipt of your meal booking email, payment instructions will then be emailed to you. All payments need to be received prior to the event. Please email to confirm once you have made payment for your places to InternationalTickets@weybridgevandals.co.uk
International Ticket Rules:
1) The following members can apply for tickets: Family membership (One application)-Student Membership-Nonplaying voting membership-Owls Membership-Full Playing Membership.
2) Each member will be allowed to put his name in the draw for a pair of tickets, they can apply for only one pair of the priced tickets. If unsuccessful at a higher price their name will be added to the draw for lower priced tickets. If successful, they will no longer be eligible for the second game of the autumn internationals unless there are surplus tickets.
3) All tickets must be paid for on the night.
4) A £5 admin charge will be added to the price of the tickets.
5) Tickets must be collected from the club or if E tickets are supplied these will be emailed.
6) A member with the right to apply for tickets may act for another member unable to attend on the night. You can only act for one member and the organisers must be informed if you intend to do so.
7) Attendance to the meal pre ticket draw is not compulsory but is encouraged
Tickets will be issued on the condition that they are to be used only by yourself and friends and may not be sold on in any circumstances. The RFU have warned that any breach of this condition will lead to cuts or complete cancellation of future ticket allocations to the club.