The Lions vs the Springboks is one of rugby’s greatest rivalries from Willie John McBrides legendary unbeaten Lions squad who conquered South Africa in 1974 to Martin Johnston’s victorious “living with Lions” in 1997 to John Smit’s Springboks backing up their World Cup win in 2007 with a nail biting series victory over Paul O’Connell Lions in 2009. Every twelve years the Lions get to play in the same time zone which means all three Lions tests will kick off at 5pm. With the Lions army of fans unable to travel to South Africa because of the pandemic the Vandals is determined to pull out all the stops and be the place where all the Vandals family (including our South African friends) want to come and watch the tests in a true rugby environment with an amazing atmosphere.
- All 3 Tests will be shown on big screens in the bar, the tea room and on the patio.
- We are investing in a marquee on the patio and additional big screens to ensure everyone gets a great view.
- There will be Lions vs SA themed food available at all three tests including an authentic South African Braai run by the South African members of the Vandals family for the 3rd Test.
- We are investing in new beer jugs and additional bar staff to enable a smooth table ordering service.
- We are looking to have sing along music on after the games so you can plan to make an evening at the club.
So get the dates in the diary, dig out your Lions shirts, invite your friends and family, book your taxis and let’s make all three tests memorable events at The Vandals.
CLICK HERE - If you plan to attend
- 1st Test: Saturday 24th July - 5pm kick off
- 2nd Test: Saturday 31st July - 5pm kick off
- 3rd Test: Saturday 7th August - 5pm kick off
The Lions vs Japan warm up game along with all the other Lions build up games prior to the test series will be shown in the bar.